• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Floating EXP/Damage Tweaks

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I'll start by saying I love this new feature. On-screen numbers are the best numbers. I'm not sure whether most of this stuff would fall to our staff or to Spout's, so just in case: @Afforess

1. Experience ought to emanate from it's source, not the player. I was in a mob arena recently and the exp messages were obscuring my vision when I stood still, and I had to back up to read them. If they just came off of the mobs when they died, it would be a lot easier on me.

2. Taking damage ought to display a message to the one who got hit. If we could put a number on the health bar like we have on the Spout mana bar, It could give messages like "-14" right above your current health whenever you get hurt.

3. Scan ought to display health (and perhaps mana) over the target's head for a limited duration, ideally visible to everybody. Using it on yourself would reveal it to anybody close enough to see you.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
It was like that on the test server, so something got messed up in the final tweaks.

Afforess

Glowstone
I'll start by saying I love this new feature. On-screen numbers are the best numbers. I'm not sure whether most of this stuff would fall to our staff or to Spout's, so just in case: @Afforess

1. Experience ought to emanate from it's source, not the player. I was in a mob arena recently and the exp messages were obscuring my vision when I stood still, and I had to back up to read them. If they just came off of the mobs when they died, it would be a lot easier on me.

2. Taking damage ought to display a message to the one who got hit. If we could put a number on the health bar like we have on the Spout mana bar, It could give messages like "-14" right above your current health whenever you get hurt.

3. Scan ought to display health (and perhaps mana) over the target's head for a limited duration, ideally visible to everybody. Using it on yourself would reveal it to anybody close enough to see you.

1.) Been fixed, @Kainzo is just a derp and has not updated live yet.

2.) Cool idea. Yes, we can do that.

3.) Ask @Kainzo - I think you are changing the feature there, which is not in my domain.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

1.) Been fixed, @Kainzo is just a derp and has not updated live yet.

2.) Cool idea. Yes, we can do that.

3.) Ask @Kainzo - I think you are changing the feature there, which is not in my domain.
1) is already fixed, the date of this report was when it was first implemented.
2) Totally
3) I think this is possible - I really only want healers to be able to view player's health for healing purposes (or possible communication to have them focus fire X target)