• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

flat shit

killjoyking7

ICE ICE ICE!
The "flapjack". What the hell is a 'flapjack'?? ITS A PANCAKE. Flapjack was just some jerk water named "Jack"'s idea to try and steal the thunder from this delicious breakfast classic. Is there anything that would differentiate a flapjack from a pancake? Let's think, what do you put on flapjacks, topping wise, SYRUP, the same exact syrup that you put on pancakes... THATS WHY ITS CALLED PANCAKE SYRUP. Never once have I heard someone refer to it as "flapjack sauce". Seriously, its a pancake, its in a pan its essentially a basic cakish recipe.. pan cake! I understand that a flapjack has some kind of tie into the great North American past time of lumberjacking, so I will make an exception, that if you are one of the remaining lumberjacks on the continent, fine, in your logging camp only, you may refer to them as flapjacks. Don't show up on my local pancake pub, and start throwing out your lumberjacking slang like some douche that just got back from England and starts referring to his friends as "mates".
pancake_day_dog.jpg

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
You are thinking too much about this. I have heard people call them flannelcakes which is even worse lol.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
If you want to fuck with things even more... "Pan" is the Japanese word for bread.

P.S. Waffles are better than pancakes, but crepes rein SUPREME! :p

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
If you want to fuck with things even more... "Pan" is the Japanese word for bread.

P.S. Waffles are better than pancakes, but crepes rein SUPREME! :p

No!! You don't understand what america's about. You can just break my arm cuz I will NEVER say I like a really thin pancake.

Hopefully someone understands that reference...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
No!! You don't understand what america's about. You can just break my arm cuz I will NEVER say I like a really thin pancake.

Hopefully someone understands that reference...
Talladega Nights MAN!
You know, just to put this in there, I had a whole mess of crepes this morning. They're just like pancakes, maybe even better.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Silly americans....
This is what a flapjack is...

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah..... you do realise flapjacks are nothing like pancakes :confused:. Especially here in da UK. Danda posted a pic of a real flapjack. http://tiny.cc/FLAPJACK go here and tell me that flapjacks are pancakes.
A) Flapjacks are MADE with syrup, you don't put syrup on them.
B) Flapjacks aren't sloppy thin pieces of yorkshire pudding mix
C) UK = win

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
explain to me this
FlapJack_by_SalamanderLich.jpg
Silly americans....
EDIT: I'll concede this one, just looked up the history of Flapjacks and the use of Flapjack to describe a pancake predates the use for what I showed.
Later, flapjack would be used to describe something similar to an apple flan, but it is not until 1935 that the word is first used to describe a food made of oats. While in the UK this usage has mostly superseded earlier recipes, in North America, "flapjack" still refers to pancakes.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Ugh. Moved to England recently and the whole flapjack thing still boggles my mind. Don't get me started on squash.

The "flapjack". What the hell is a 'flapjack'?? ITS A PANCAKE. Flapjack was just some jerk water named "Jack"'s idea to try and steal the thunder from this delicious breakfast classic. Is there anything that would differentiate a flapjack from a pancake? Let's think, what do you put on flapjacks, topping wise, SYRUP, the same exact syrup that you put on pancakes... THATS WHY ITS CALLED PANCAKE SYRUP. Never once have I heard someone refer to it as "flapjack sauce". Seriously, its a pancake, its in a pan its essentially a basic cakish recipe.. pan cake! I understand that a flapjack has some kind of tie into the great North American past time of lumberjacking, so I will make an exception, that if you are one of the remaining lumberjacks on the continent, fine, in your logging camp only, you may refer to them as flapjacks. Don't show up on my local pancake pub, and start throwing out your lumberjacking slang like some douche that just got back from England and starts referring to his friends as "mates".
pancake_day_dog.jpg

you put maple syrup on pancakes.