• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Fix Mobs

Nerf mobs?

• Total voters

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm shocked this hasn't been posted yet. Everyone has been complaining...

Mobs are too powerful, there's a difference between a game being hard to play, and being punishment. HC is punishment.

Personally I like mobs having the high damage they do, but their hp should be at LEAST halved, people are going to lose interest in HC before they get to the point where mobs aren't a problem because even a simple spider is impossible to kill alone, and abandoned mines have gone from being awesome yet risky places for adventure, to being stay the fuck away or you'll die in under 2 seconds from 5 cave spiders, each which can kill you in 2-3 hits, yet takes 15-20 hits from you.

It took a group of 4 casters, all weilding hoes (btw, why do all hoes deal the same 2hp damage?! Wood should be 2hp, stone 3hp and iron 4hp, it's still far less than other classes' melee weapons, but would at least not make it so hard to reach even lvl5) and one of us had fireball to kill just a few cave spiders, we all died 3-4 times each.

Daanor

Iron
I say keep them as they are. Herocraft wouldn't be as much of a hardcore server if the mobs were less...hardcore.

First off, the server just started, so everyone has started over. Nobody should be powerful enough yet to run around killing mobs willy nilly without any risk to it. As we level up, the mobs will get easier.

Besides that, I guess you just aren't fighting mobs correctly. Yes, there are some that are extremely hard to beat. But if you die, it's your fault for trying to fight them as a low level player. Stick to easier mobs. I can kill zombies, spiders, and creepers without taking any damage.

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
yea im happy where the mobs are tbh. it makes you HAVE to use teamwork if you want to conquer abandoned mines, etc. etc.

also, if you do go out solo its great practice to learn how to kite the mobs such as spiders and creepers until you take no dmg just like Daanor pointed out.

so again, i say keep the mobs where they are.

as for the hoe dmg, i do think they should increase as the material increases.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't our damage capped by the weapons we carry? So a level 10 warrior with an iron sword would hit as hard as a level 30 with an iron sword?
I think mobs need to be pretty tough. The only one I'd remark on is the creeper, which could stand to have it's HP slashed a bit. As it is, a scathe from a creeper blast (at the very edge of it's range) can take 45+HP with armor on. For me, that's instant kill. It'll be less risky when leveled up to a higher HP, so I'm just going to consider it one of -those- monsters, the really annoying kind that should be avoided until you're strong enough to bully them and take their Christmas candy. For everything else, party up. A low level caster shouldn't even consider taking on a cave spider spawner alone.

As for creepers, I think most of us are used to hearing a sizzle, then reacting by smacking it away and hoping it doesn't blow us to smithereens. Normally, a creeper could be taken out with 2-3 hits, which I personally prefer. I've always felt creepers were more of a terror weapon than a tank. For the amount of damage they can do if you make a mistake, they should be a bit easier to kill.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Most people who complain are newer players who haven't figured out what the definition of hardcore is in Minecraft, some just are too low of a level to be able to take on a ton of mobs like last map. With the lag atm, it's pretty easy to kill mobs and honestly I think that we should just wait a little while before changing the make-up of mobs.

No offense to you pyro, I was struggling to level up yesterday, taking on spiders and zombies are usually your best bet... Creepers... are a force to be reckoned with, unless you know how to fight them, stay away. the only thing I want changed is the exp you get for killing a creeper, meaning a small increase.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
Most people who complain are newer players who haven't figured out what the definition of hardcore is in Minecraft, some just are too low of a level to be able to take on a ton of mobs like last map. With the lag atm, it's pretty easy to kill mobs and honestly I think that we should just wait a little while before changing the make-up of mobs.

No offense to you pyro, I was struggling to level up yesterday, taking on spiders and zombies are usually your best bet... Creepers... are a force to be reckoned with, unless you know how to fight them, stay away. the only thing I want changed is the exp you get for killing a creeper, meaning a small increase.

Now that I have fireball mobs don't really bother me at all, I think it might have just been an issue with casters being useless in the first 5 levels (can't wear real armor and can only use hoes to deal 2 hearts, making it near impossible to even kill one monster) than them being too strong.

nmtonj

Soulsand
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't our damage capped by the weapons we carry? So a level 10 warrior with an iron sword would hit as hard as a level 30 with an iron sword?
I think mobs need to be pretty tough. The only one I'd remark on is the creeper, which could stand to have it's HP slashed a bit. As it is, a scathe from a creeper blast (at the very edge of it's range) can take 45+HP with armor on. For me, that's instant kill. It'll be less risky when leveled up to a higher HP, so I'm just going to consider it one of -those- monsters, the really annoying kind that should be avoided until you're strong enough to bully them and take their Christmas candy. For everything else, party up. A low level caster shouldn't even consider taking on a cave spider spawner alone.

As for creepers, I think most of us are used to hearing a sizzle, then reacting by smacking it away and hoping it doesn't blow us to smithereens. Normally, a creeper could be taken out with 2-3 hits, which I personally prefer. I've always felt creepers were more of a terror weapon than a tank. For the amount of damage they can do if you make a mistake, they should be a bit easier to kill.

He took the spawner on with me.

ddrheretic

Legacy Supporter 4
I came here for a challenge. If new players read a bit they will know what they are getting themselves into. During the day when the server is reaching capacity like others have stated the mobs get a little lazy.. If mobs were weakened it would be a tragedy in my opinion.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
I came here for a challenge. If new players read a bit they will know what they are getting themselves into. During the day when the server is reaching capacity like others have stated the mobs get a little lazy.. If mobs were weakened it would be a tragedy in my opinion.
Mobs were already weakened, I already posted and said this thread is now moot.

Would be cool if people read the thread before they posted

ddrheretic

Legacy Supporter 4
Mobs were already weakened, I already posted and said this thread is now moot.

Would be cool if people read the thread before they posted

So sorry..... I guess at 6 am I don't function at 100%. I thought this was just made recently.

Yes I overlooked the sat =) doh

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
No worries, I accidentally dropped stacks of redstone into lava by accident last night because i wasnt thinking straight haha

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We adjusted creeper hp a little to be easier to kill but they are still deadly - we have no want to nerf mobs to be easy..
Blaze damage has been lowered by 5ish or so and hp by 25-50 (now at 200hp)

Fortunately this isnt an ezmode server and thus - mobs will be deadly - group up!