• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Fix HeroLists

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
I'd really like to see the HeroLists plugin working, I'm planning on having a guild hall for the mages guild in every friendly town, with an LWC that only guild members can access. It would be great if I could just /ls add magesguild <newplayer> to give them permissions to all guild-only LWCs, rather than having to go across the map adding them to every LWC.

RightLegRed

Stone
HeroLists is an API. It just holds lists, it's up to other plugins to use them. You need to talk to Hidendra to get him to support HeroLists for LWC management.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
HeroLists is an API. It just holds lists, it's up to other plugins to use them. You need to talk to Hidendra to get him to support HeroLists for LWC management.
According to Kainzo and Aph, HeroLists itself isn't working properly. (I can create and modify lists with no problem though). I thought LWC would allow drivers for integration with array/dictionary systems (so you would just create a driver file telling LWC how to interact with HeroLists for example) but it seems I was wrong.

RightLegRed

Stone
According to Kainzo and Aph, HeroLists itself isn't working properly. (I can create and modify lists with no problem though). I thought LWC would allow drivers for integration with array/dictionary systems (so you would just create a driver file telling LWC how to interact with HeroLists for example) but it seems I was wrong.

I apologize, but this makes no sense.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
I apologize, but this makes no sense.
Ok, so I don't know any Java, but I'm assuming that when a user tries to use a LWC'd block, LWC checks to see if that user has permissions, usually from a list unique to that LWC. I assumed that LWC would have also given the ability to use other plugins as a source for the permission lists (in this case HeroLists), but by the sound of things I was wrong.

A

Alente1

Not to be contradictory but last I checked Lists were working just fine with LWCs.

The rest of this thread is just silly chatter but the base question is sound enough. I've used lists in 1.6 to add town citizens to a door, the same logic would apply to guilds and chests.

/lwc modify l:LISTNAME

Should let you add a list to an LWCd object.

I'd test it though to make sure the permissions are working correctly since the plugin is moody.

RightLegRed

Stone
Not to be contradictory but last I checked Lists were working just fine with LWCs.

The rest of this thread is just silly chatter but the base question is sound enough. I've used lists in 1.6 to add town citizens to a door, the same logic would apply to guilds and chests.

/lwc modify l:LISTNAME

Should let you add a list to an LWCd object.

I'd test it though to make sure the permissions are working correctly since the plugin is moody.

Then DThielke has already talked to Hidendra. Kainzo said there was an error with it though, not sure if he meant the intergration, the use of HeroLists API or HeroList itself.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
He's correct, when doing /ls list - it kicks an error in the console / internal...

Although - I thought Hidendra had already added integration into this - i'll ask him about it.