• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

First Annual Official Bastion Olympics

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Hello and welcome to the home of the first annual official Bastion Olympics!

Detailed information on scheduling, games, rules, prizes and more will be released soon!
Games area will be available to all to train preceding the Olympics!

Hang in there and get ready for a couple weeks of challenges!

OlyIntoFinal_zps30d936a9.png
OlySideFinal_zps12935008.png
OlyCurlFinal_zpsf4bd8be4.png
OlyFoolsFinal_zps9271d81e.png
OlyArchFinal_zps27aa907f.png
OlyRaceFinal_zps58e53637.png
OlyCombFinal_zpsf55b5591.png

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Today's intro into the event grounds is the:

Sewers
Two vs Two Arena
Every castle needs need a place to store it's... trash, and the sewers in the place it goes! The sewers are also home to the first combat event, the two versus two challenge. This arena sports new age starting chambers, which will only open once both teams have decided they are ready for combat.
The sewers are a dark and wet place with several obstacles and different options for combat, one being the main castle drain in the center of the sewers that drains out into the abyss below Oblivion, which a weary combatant could slip and fall through.

With places for the public to watch the battles, and the tight spaces in the sewers, the combat is sure to be fast and fierce.

14HNVHsh.jpg
Parkour
Races event, jumping arena
Deep inside Oblivion carved from the stone of Zolaria is the terrifying jumping course Elements.
This course can be completed in less then a minute by those of exceptional jumping skills or perhaps by those with great luck! You move through the elements from earth, to fire, to water, and finally to air.
Your time in the course goes against your total event time so be quick but not so quick that you miss a jump and have to start the whole room over again!
Prepare to be pushed to your limits!

2013-09-14_195455_zpsa1e3980a.png
2013-09-14_195611_zps70e9702b.png
2013-09-14_195653_zpse1d12e6d.png
2013-09-14_195807_zps86215a30.png
Skill Shot
Timed shots at moving targets.
Welcome to the skill shot event! During this event, you will stand at a distance from a powered rail system that will host mine carts full of living targets! As the mine carts zip around the track you will take aim and attempt to hit the critter inside the mine cart for maximum points or at least land a shot on the mine cart to score some points. Once the player is ready and pushes the ready button they are given 60 seconds to land their shots. Good luck, this one is tough!
IZguSpBh.jpg
Caves Arena
Three versus three event
It's a giant floating piece of Bastion, so we all know there must be caves in there somewhere right?
The Caves are home to the three vs three event and is filled with hills, pillars and of course, Glowstone. If you are lucky you might even see the occasional bats flying around!
This is a medium small arena so the battles will be fierce and fast and those with the best footing, skills and a little luck should take the day!
e2uEJCDh.jpg
White Water Rafting
Boat race event
Grab your boats and get ready to get wet! This short but fast and furious water course will smash most ill prepared against rocks again and again! Choose to go fast and chance wrecking your boat for a penalty or take it slow like the and try to steer your boat like a champ! Either way you are likely to get wet.
Ff9yXy5h.jpg

Last edited:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I would like to help but I have a lot going on in the upcoming weeks. Maybe gabizou stands a better chance when his PC is up and running again.

Weikauno

Coder
If I'm able to compete I'll do the archery or race events, sounds like it'll be a fun time!

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Only thing I am worried about is the amount of protection players have who want to watch this.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Only thing I am worried about is the amount of protection players have who want to watch this.

The event areas will be set as lawful during the training phase as well as during the events. Similar to spawn, the is no PVP throughout but PVP is turned on in the ffa arena.
In the township vs. township game, how is that scored?

The township versus township is the biggest undertaking and also potentially the most fun(more real specifics to come.) I cannot give you exact information at this time but I can tell you that each town will start with a keep that is reasonably defensible, and in between the four keeps will be a small village, a mine and a farm. Each keep as well as the center three locations will have a control tower. The control tower will consist of a button for each town. You will have to run up to your town's button and prime it to make the control go neutral, once it's neutral you will have to prime it again to claim it. Once a location is claimed it will tick points into your teams total score. All of this will be done through craftbook and will be automated.
More real details to come!

Maybe the judges/organizers can hire security by paying high level players to guard the spectators. Kinda like the real Olympics.

Unfortunately this just would not work. People would grief, camp and attempt to disrupt regardless. The whole area will have to be turned Lawful(except the new arenas)

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
The event areas will be set as lawful during the training phase as well as during the events. Similar to spawn, the is no PVP throughout but PVP is turned on in the ffa arena.

The township versus township is the biggest undertaking and also potentially the most fun(more real specifics to come.) I cannot give you exact information at this time but I can tell you that each town will start with a keep that is reasonably defensible, and in between the four keeps will be a small village, a mine and a farm. Each keep as well as the center three locations will have a control tower. The control tower will consist of a button for each town. You will have to run up to your town's button and prime it to make the control go neutral, once it's neutral you will have to prime it again to claim it. Once a location is claimed it will tick points into your teams total score. All of this will be done through craftbook and will be automated.
More real details to come!

Unfortunately this just would not work. People would grief, camp and attempt to disrupt regardless. The whole area will have to be turned Lawful(except the new arenas)
So the admins are disabling pvp in the zones but the arena or is there going to be like the army of LO to gang up on the people who try to ruin it? I am terrible at comprehending answers.