• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Firefall (MMO Shooter)

Sekcbaba

Stone
Hey - Firefall is a free-to-play, sci-fi open world / mmo shooter game that just entered open beta last week. I dunno much about the pve part of it, but the pvp is quite fun, if you enjoyed older shooters like quake and unreal tournament youd probably like it. Can set up custom games and everything.

Is class based but all classes basically shoot stuff lol, there is healing class and more "tank like" classes and such. Classes somewhat similar to global agenda, if anyone ever played that. Anyways I guess this is pretty much nothing like minecraft, but if anyone wants to play with me sometime /msg Sekcbaba in game.

KleenX

Iron
I just looked at that I heard that it was a pretty bad game but maybe ill change my mind :)

Sekcbaba

Stone
Well it has been in beta forever, its not like a typical open beta, the pve part of the game is no where near release ready in terms of content or anything. However, the pvp is awesome and extremely fun compared to anything i have played in past 5 years. If you have not played alot of shooters, the learning curve is steep at first though. That said, the pvp is like guildwars 2 where you can step in and your equipment is just as good as everyone elses, you just wont have access to as many frames (classes) (5 starter frames, 15 total, other 10 unlocked through playing or buying). The frames are mostly balanced though - two of the starter frames are actually probably 2 of the 3 strongest in terms of killing (accord assult and biotech both good killers) and the starter recon is amazingly annoying to kill if played well.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Well it has been in beta forever, its not like a typical open beta, the pve part of the game is no where near release ready in terms of content or anything. However, the pvp is awesome and extremely fun compared to anything i have played in past 5 years. If you have not played alot of shooters, the learning curve is steep at first though. That said, the pvp is like guildwars 2 where you can step in and your equipment is just as good as everyone elses, you just wont have access to as many frames (classes) (5 starter frames, 15 total, other 10 unlocked through playing or buying). The frames are mostly balanced though - two of the starter frames are actually probably 2 of the 3 strongest in terms of killing (accord assult and biotech both good killers) and the starter recon is amazingly annoying to kill if played well.

yeppers! Its been alot of fun playing Firefall, although these days I am more into building. But I suggest giving it a try since it is in open beta now! :D

KleenX

Iron

Yeah I actually tryed it out! The game still has a ton of potential. I am glad its still in open beta. I have heard that Red5 is a smaller company though so thats most likely why it hasn't been released yet. I didn't know that there were other frames. I really just downloaded yesterday and ran around a bit and didn't do anything then I hopped into PvP. The pvp isn't cod style either its like umm fuck I forgot the name of the game. You probably know haha kinda like Halo a lil but thats not the game I am thinking of :/. I also heard World PVP is on the list of things they are going to add in time. I am hoping that it could be giant armys taking strategic points (that would be so epic imo).

Also if you wanna teach me a lil more about the game because I am super noobtard then hit me up

Sekcbaba

Stone
Yeah I actually tryed it out! The game still has a ton of potential. I am glad its still in open beta. I have heard that Red5 is a smaller company though so thats most likely why it hasn't been released yet. I didn't know that there were other frames. I really just downloaded yesterday and ran around a bit and didn't do anything then I hopped into PvP. The pvp isn't cod style either its like umm fuck I forgot the name of the game. You probably know haha kinda like Halo a lil but thats not the game I am thinking of :/. I also heard World PVP is on the list of things they are going to add in time. I am hoping that it could be giant armys taking strategic points (that would be so epic imo).

Also if you wanna teach me a lil more about the game because I am super noobtard then hit me up

Hey cool glad ya tried it. Yeah it is pretty similar to global agenda, or unreal tournament but with classes. I guess its even kinda like tribes, except no skiing. I will be on tonight around 530 EST - if you are on just send me a /tell sekcbaba and id be happy to show you the ropes as far as i know them lol. The PVE is still somewhat of a mystery to me, especially crafting, i just run around in starter equipment lol.

KleenX

Iron
Hey cool glad ya tried it. Yeah it is pretty similar to global agenda, or unreal tournament but with classes. I guess its even kinda like tribes, except no skiing. I will be on tonight around 530 EST - if you are on just send me a /tell sekcbaba and id be happy to show you the ropes as far as i know them lol. The PVE is still somewhat of a mystery to me, especially crafting, i just run around in starter equipment lol.

Yeah Unreal Tournament and Quake was what I was thinking of. I have started Pveing a lil mostly been watching videos on it. The PVE is very rewarding when you kill someone. Its just feels good when you slay one of the lil bugs XD. Thumping is also fun. The PVE is kinda like borderlands

Sekcbaba

Stone
I also heard World PVP is on the list of things they are going to add in time. I am hoping that it could be giant armys taking strategic points (that would be so epic imo).

Yeah they are definitely adding world pvp with vehicles and what not similar to planetside two (except in this game you can actually move faster than 2 mph on foot and dont have rediculously huge reticule spray . . . i am not a fan of planetside 2 >>). That said, they are slow on pushing stuff out being a smaller developer, and we probably wont see it for awhile. But who knows, now that they are in "open beta" things may get out a little faster. For now, its all arena based pvp though. There is team death match, assault (destroy sequence of locations while other team defends, then switch sides), capture and hold, and "jetball" which is a fun capture-the-flag meets basketball game mode.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hey - Firefall is a free-to-play, sci-fi open world / mmo shooter game that just entered open beta last week. I dunno much about the pve part of it, but the pvp is quite fun, if you enjoyed older shooters like quake and unreal tournament youd probably like it. Can set up custom games and everything.

Is class based but all classes basically shoot stuff lol, there is healing class and more "tank like" classes and such. Classes somewhat similar to global agenda, if anyone ever played that. Anyways I guess this is pretty much nothing like minecraft, but if anyone wants to play with me sometime /msg Sekcbaba in game.
I know the guy who designed the website, other than that I havent tried Firefall heh... Looks okay