• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Fireball not counting kills/ no exp given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8
Ive been having a problem all day with not getting exp or kill credit for fireball fire. If someone dies to the fire dot it just says so and so was burned and no exp is awarded. is this intended at all or is this a bug?

xFuZe

TNT
Has been like this for a while. Fire damage doesn't count for a kill but the actual fireball does. I guess it's the downside of a really strong skill.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
hey look_out go fuck yourself, And thanks for the fast answer fuze lets me know i need to change my class now instead of later :).
Im just saying whats true.... its been like that forever and if you stay caster Id get used to it... take it from me been caster for most of dragongarde and a little bit at the end of zeal

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8
I see no point in staying caster when your abilities dont even count lol. Its fine i only really wanted to go pyromancer but if this is how it is no point in being pyro :p. Ill just go ninja or runeblade

xFuZe

TNT
Fireball is a REALLY strong skill. Fireball > Run > Fireball > Run. No one will kill you. Very little cooldown makes it EXTREMELY powerful.

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8
meh it might be powerful skill but whats the point if the dot kills them while its on cool down? Not much really, just waisted time and effort trying to kill someone.

macura

Diamond
Fireball is a REALLY strong skill. Fireball > Run > Fireball > Run. No one will kill you. Very little cooldown makes it EXTREMELY powerful.
O great one please enlighten us more on this complex manouver of fireball > run > fireball > run.

xFuZe

TNT
The items! Well when you fireball, the fire tick makes them run a bit slower then you just fireball again.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
As someone who has mastered Caster, Wizard, Beguiler, and Geomancer. Trust me, it's something you get used too. After a while you learn the general HP of different mobs, you know how many times you have to whack them with a hoe before you can drop them with the on-hit damage of a fire ball. You also get down the timing, aka when to hit them with another fireball between "burning ticks".

Ex: Creeper Fireball/3HoeWhacks/Fireball

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Here ya go Casters. I was bored and have coded something very very similar before, so this code should solve the problem. I wrote this in under an hour so I might have missed something or made a mistake. I'm not sure if @Kainzo considers this a serious enough problem to implement this.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here ya go Casters. I was bored and have coded something very very similar before, so this code should solve the problem. I wrote this in under an hour so I might have missed something or made a mistake. I'm not sure if @Kainzo considers this a serious enough problem to implement this.
Will have to consult with @Sleaker - where would this piece of code go?

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Will have to consult with @Sleaker - where would this piece of code go?
My suggestion would be register it with the rest of your listeners in onEnable() in Heroes. With a bit more code, this listener could also register exp for things like pushing entities off cliffs or into lava.

Edit: I use something very very similar in Campaign so players on Kill quests can throw enemies off cliffs, have a skeleton shoot it, a creeper explode it, or whatever and still get the points. So that's where this code is inspired from.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
We already keep track of who's on fire, and dish out rewards based on it. It has worked in the past and we haven't changed anything. if they aren't actually dying from the fire that might be the reason, otherwise someone will need to hop on the test server to verify this is actually an issue, cause from a coding standpoint we fixed this months ago, and it was verified.

EDIT: unknownloner verified that fireball is still giving exp, so I'm not sure what you guys are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.