• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Fire damage doesn't give PvP kills.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
As a caster spec this is very annoying, if my enemy burns to death due to fireball they get a death by fire message instead of it saying I killed them, and doesn't add a kill to the PvP streak.

Xyster1

Legacy Supporter 5
I hit a creeper with my sword after using the ablade skill and the creeper died from the poison damage but i was rewarded no XP. Not much else to say.

Edit: It seems to be on and off, i got xp when i let other creepers die from poison damage.

Edit 2: It seems that this happens very rarely but it did happen again, this time i hit the creeper and just walked away and didnt get XP but it did die. It's odd though because i've killed so many creepers with the poison and have gotten XP form them.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
Adding that this also applies to Blaze. Which not only doesn't give PvP kills, it also doesn't give mob exp.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Fireball DOT rewards exp/items. It does NOT reward killstreaks against players or a proper "Gooscar has burninated Jonjur!" Hero message.

/bump

(the blaze thing I think is true as well from firsthand accounts haha :))

Sleaker

Retired Staff
the funny thing is there's no difference between the fireball dot and the blaze dot
EDIT: oooh I guess not, for some reason blaze isn't applying the combust stuff. fixing this.

Also, killstreaks wont be awarded for fire-tick damage due to it not being able to track who added the dot. It's a limitation and most likely wont be changing.

Xyster1

Legacy Supporter 5
did you read my error report, because when the poison damage from ablade kills a mob, I don't get XP or mob coins

Xyster1

Legacy Supporter 5
It started working for me today too (More than before), but it still doesn't give me XP every once in a while. I'll record it if you really need proof.