• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Farming should be for farmers only!

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
One thing I noticed since I joined Herocraft is that ever since collecting things such as pumpkins, watermelons, wheat and sugarcane granted you experience, its pretty darn easy to level crafter.

My suggestions
1. Reduce Sugarcane XP to 0.5 (last I checked it was 2xp/ea).
2. Restrict receiving XP and/or collecting the materials to farmers only.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Though I love the sweet, tender, luscious, bouncy yet firm, and se- ermm. Though I love the GOOD experience sugarcane gives, it is probably a bit to high.

Also, Crafters should not gain farming experience because they gain experience from everything else, farmers only get experience from farming and I feel that should be a unique feature.

Taking away farming collection from crafters though would not be fair, as that would be restricting an important part of Minecraft. A way to make farmers more unique would be to boost their Herbalism skill (the one that may increase plant drops) by a bit so it seems to make more of a difference. As of now Herbalism is more like an, "oh hey, I got an extra drop" thing that happens every minute or two.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
One thing I noticed since I joined Herocraft is that ever since collecting things such as pumpkins, watermelons, wheat and sugarcane granted you experience, its pretty darn easy to level crafter.

My suggestions
1. Reduce Sugarcane XP to 0.5 (last I checked it was 2xp/ea).
2. Restrict receiving XP and/or collecting the materials to farmers only.
I agree - this higher exp was because when farming first came out .... it was much much harder to grow in the NO GROWTH period.

farming:
crops: 0.5
sugar_cane_block: 0.5
melon: 1
pumpkin: 1
pumpkin_stem: 0.5
melon_stem: 0.5
vine: 0.5
huge_mushroom_1: 0.6
huge_mushroom_2: 0.6
red_mushroom: 0.3
brown_mushroom: 0.3
long_grass: 0.3
leaves: 0.1
MELON_BLOCK: 0.5

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
A random noob during the No-whitelist said that alchemist should get farming experience because of herbalism and because of how in order to make potions you use things like plants (nether wart, melons). Just food for thought since in my opinion different classes should get different forms of experience to provide variety.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
If alch got farmer experience, farmer wouldn't have much unique other than the summon skills.
A class is known for its skills, not how it levels. People went farmer because they could sell food and leather and summon animals to breed. People went alchemist to make potions and chainmail.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Right now Farmer is somewhat monotonous to level, it wouldn't be fair to allow Alchemists another entire route for gaining experience.

I can see Alchemists gaining experience from farming Alchemical plants (mushrooms, nether warts, etc.) as that would fit in nicely RPG wise. I just don't want Alchemists or any other spec to get experience from all forms of farming.