• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Exploit report (crime stoppers style)

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
As many of you know, there are bug's that people exploit. Game breaking bugs. And you can report these bugs too. But why would these people report them if they are not afraid of being banned. What if someone was rewarded for reporting these game breaking bugs. Like an upgrade in tier donator or some in-game money? Not only will this enhance game-play by decreasing exploits, but also make people more enthusiastic about telling the admins about these things.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
as far as i know, if its a new bug, not something known, and you do not exploit it or use it in any form, dont spread it round, etc ( you must use the forums bugs/exploiting to report this, in game pe's will not do. video/screenshots help out alot as well)

there is much rewarded to be had :)

I say, see a bug, report it, every time, just in case. it makes our server a happy and fun server for all minecraftians :D

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
as far as i know, if its a new bug, not something known, and you do not exploit it or use it in any form, dont spread it round, etc ( you must use the forums bugs/exploiting to report this, in game pe's will not do. video/screenshots help out alot as well)

there is much rewarded to be had :)

I say, see a bug, report it, every time, just in case. it makes our server a happy and fun server for all minecraftians :D
Well yes I of course to the same thing, but I'm just suggesting this, for say, someone less trustworthy would actualy want to report it and not use it to their advantage.

malmenca

Diamond
Many people would report a bug. But many would not. tis why I like this suggestion.

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't like this, yeah it would get more exploits fixed... but you shouldn't be rewarded for something you should do. If you don't report an exploit, chances are you will be find and a punishment would be given... And I think a tier upgrade would be a bit much, cause those are given to people who have donated, so it probably wouldn't be really fair to them, just my opinion on this.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
As many of you know, there are bug's that people exploit. Game breaking bugs. And you can report these bugs too. But why would these people report them if they are not afraid of being banned. What if someone was rewarded for reporting these game breaking bugs. Like an upgrade in tier donator or some in-game money? Not only will this enhance game-play by decreasing exploits, but also make people more enthusiastic about telling the admins about these things.

Brilliant idea! :D Love it! :) Kainzo has done this before, but I don't see it much. Yes, I think players should be rewarded for finding/reporting serious bugs. Rewards should be in (from less-serious bugs to more serious ones):

- Buffs (A bit longer than usual, free too)
- Coin
- Blocks
- Level Enhancement
- Tier Upgrade
- Free LWC
- Promotion (Optional, I would guess)

I'd like seeing this in HC! :) Can really get the players interested in helping out more! :D Great suggestion! :)

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't think there should be a reward for doing something you should do in the first place.. As was said before.
The reward is making HC a better place imho.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Perhaps we could try negative reinforcement? Take dark rooms for example, when they were deemed illegal we had people reporting them left and right. Were they darkrooms of the people reporting or their friends? Of course not! It was all randoms and enemies in hopes that those randoms or enemies would get rolled back in levels or banned.

Worked just fine. No unnecessary rewards to give snitches an advantage other than the hurt of their foes ;)