• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Epic Bosses & Arenas.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
As some of you know, Kainzo once had us test a special mob on the test server. It was an "Epic Boss" and it was very difficult to defeat, and the testers were very supportive of it. However the idea was put on hold because there was "no way to make them spawn" because they would spawn like normal mobs and probably make game play less enjoyable; however, I wish to scrap the idea of epic bosses spawning in the wild because I have come up with an idea for them!

Instead of having them spawn in the while, let's utilize the new Arena feature provided to us. I propose that you build various arenas for these epic bosses, and have players join the arena using arena commands (preferably new ones IE /arena join zombieking ) and it spawns them with the epic boss in the room like a dungeon. I would personnaly have max players be 10, minimum players 3, and have the boss have around..... 20k hp

possibly have the skills from the MA bosses last map, and the skills the testers encountered.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
That... would.... be...... AWESOME!!

I think this could be integrated with quests, maybe have the player travel to a certain area and only in there can they do /arena join zombieking . Defeating the boss would result in XP, coin etc... I would love to see some mobs with skills in quests.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I was listening in Ts while you were talking about this. I LOVE the idea of having some insanely powerful mob boss. If it would spawn rarely and had to be teamed to be slayed, so that not one single player could kill it.

Some ideas:
-Massive model
-Insane amount of health
-Insane attack power
-Aoe attacks + range + melee
-Massive xp + rare enchanted item drops
-Have it spawn in the wild RARELY, so that areas with said mob boss would become extremely dangerous.

macura

Diamond
It would be cool if giants with reduced health and a lower chance to spawn spawned in the wild. Normally when u see mobs ur like o, ok, whatever and u just run by, but if u ran into a giant it would be more diffucult. Also if it was staying outside ur house or town, you would have to go out and kill it.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
I honestly think this is just a MA in one boss. Hopefully this will work, I had a love/hate relationship with MAs, hopefully these bosses can give an edge in our boring pve system

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
It would be cool if giants with reduced health and a lower chance to spawn spawned in the wild. Normally when u see mobs ur like o, ok, whatever and u just run by, but if u ran into a giant it would be more diffucult. Also if it was staying outside ur house or town, you would have to go out and kill it.

Exactly! If it became almost impossible to run from, and would lurk outside your house / town, you'd be forced to slay it.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
My only concern is that whit a massive exp drop it would be like a mob arena.
It is a reason why mob arenas was removed, remember last map when everyone was doing mob arenas in some hours then be mastered...

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
My only concern is that whit a massive exp drop it would be like a mob arena.
It is a reason why mob arenas was removed, remember last map when everyone was doing mob arenas in some hours then be mastered...
At least a week cool down on this quest would stop this.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
this might go good with the legendary item suggestion i made, have them go defeat the zombie king and take it's head back ti the questgiver for the next quest in the line, or the special item.

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
I say that there should be minor boss monsters in the wilderness scattered across the world. Arena boss monsters can be much harder and require more people, but maybe there can be weaker giants in the world. Maybe there can be a giant zombie in an arena with 25k health and a zombie giant in the wilderness with 5k health to make the game a bit more fun to play when hunting with friends. The ones in the wild can drop a Gold Ingot, an armour piece like iron or gold, or whatever else. These bosses should be rare though, like a 0.05 percent of spawning in the night. They can drop 200 EXP points when killed and maybe a monster head decoration. I really think this would be a great idea.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I say that there should be minor boss monsters in the wilderness scattered across the world. Arena boss monsters can be much harder and require more people, but maybe there can be weaker giants in the world. Maybe there can be a giant zombie in an arena with 25k health and a zombie giant in the wilderness with 5k health to make the game a bit more fun to play when hunting with friends. The ones in the wild can drop a Gold Ingot, an armour piece like iron or gold, or whatever else. These bosses should be rare though, like a 0.05 percent of spawning in the night. They can drop 200 EXP points when killed and maybe a monster head decoration. I really think this would be a great idea.
No iron armor drops. Only 5 or so classes could use it. Make it have a chance to drop gold armor and tools, excluding pickaxes, as no class uses them for combat (I think).

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
Iron picks can be dropped, seeing as most all classes can use them I believe. I agree with your point on iron armor, yet I believe all classes can use iron pickaxes to mine. My suggestion above was more about general spawning and power concerning giants. Gold ingots serve well because its a giant obviously, and 0.05 percent spawn rate is fair I believe. I hope Kainzo makes this happen, but I hate the idea of giant creepers and skeletons. Those would be impossible. Just make zombies, spiderps, and maybe Endermen giant if this is to be implemented.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Iron picks can be dropped, seeing as most all classes can use them I believe. I agree with your point on iron armor, yet I believe all classes can use iron pickaxes to mine. My suggestion above was more about general spawning and power concerning giants. Gold ingots serve well because its a giant obviously, and 0.05 percent spawn rate is fair I believe. I hope Kainzo makes this happen, but I hate the idea of giant creepers and skeletons. Those would be impossible. Just make zombies, spiderps, and maybe Endermen giant if this is to be implemented.
A Giant is an actual mob. It is a giant zombie that doesn't naturally spawn, but I think things like Toomanyitems have Giant spawners. I don't think there is an actual spawn egg.