• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Enchanting in the new update

0xChase

Stone
Will every enchantment available in vanilla Minecraft (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enchanting#Enchantment_Types) be usable on the Herocraft server? Most of them are fine, but it seems like some of them are a bit overpowered in a multiplayer setting, especially with the hero plugin.

For example, projectile protection—protection against projectiles, e.g. arrows—would make rangers near useless because their main means of damage is from their bow and arrows. There are also some enchantments like feather (which reduces falling damage) that seem to negate certain skills that are part of your path/profession, making that skill a waste (in this specific case, feather would negate tumble). Another one would be efficiency, which increases mining speeds. At higher levels of that enchantment, you break blocks near instantaneously, which would make the entire miner profession obsolete (as their +70% mining speed is the only reason to choose that profession).

I'm also curious to know how damage values have been converted from the vanilla Minecraft HP system to the Herocraft HP system. For example, "Sharpness", which adds up to "1.5 hearts" in extra damage per level. Hearts in the Herocraft system represent a percentage of your maximum health, and as such the amount "1.5 hearts" is equal to varies depending on class and level. I'm sure that has been taken into account, just curious as to what exactly the damage values are that those types of skills have been converted to.

Sorry if this has all been explained somewhere else, I looked around on the forums and on the wiki but couldn't find anything on it. Thanks for taking the time to read through this. I really want to choose Enchanter as my profession, but I want to make sure that I have a decent range of enchanting options and that I won't get gimped once I pick it.

tl;dr: How do enchantments work in Herocraft? Have any been excluded, and have new ones been added? How have some been converted from their original values to work with the Herocraft plugin?

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
if they can't regulate it using plugins and stuff, it wouldn't bother me if enchanting tables and alchemy stands were outright banned

0xChase

Stone
if they can't regulate it using plugins and stuff, it wouldn't bother me if enchanting tables and alchemy stands were outright banned
I'm sure they can regulate it, I'm just curious as to what extent, and specifically what they will be removing/adding/changing. I think enchanting/potions add a lot to the game and it would be a shame if they ended up banning them because they aren't able to implement them well. Not to mention the fact that it would suck to level my Enchanting profession all the way up to 55 and then have enchanting be banned (alchemists are in the same boat).

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
oh I'm totally with you, it'd be very cool if they could just take out the OP ones or modify them