• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Emeralds

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I have been told that the merchant's ability to trade with villagers has been removed, and if so how are towns supposed to accumulate the hundreds of Emeralds needed for upgrades ?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Mining... lots and lots of mining 0_0

I don't see how you can possibly get 450 emeralds from purely mining for a town Medium upgrade... let alone larger ones. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would be surprised if there were that many Emeralds naturally on the whole map.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
There are plenty of emeralds left on the map, especially with the 500r expansion. If you are having trouble getting emeralds, try getting a fortune pick from the vendors.

I don't see how you can possibly get 450 emeralds from purely mining for a town Medium upgrade... let alone larger ones. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would be surprised if there were that many Emeralds naturally on the whole map.

Providence was able to mine plenty of emeralds.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
It is impressive that providence was able to achieve all the upgrades already without villager trading, but non-the-less, i dont think mining is a very good long term solution as the availability is going to quickly diminish if more towns seriously pursue upgrading. Of course, if haven was any indicator, not sure how many other towns will pursue upgrading.

Should just make some villagers in exchange that will trade random stuff for them if nothing else

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
With the FFA map coming around Soon™, there shouldn't be a drought of any mineable resources.

But like you said, who knows how many towns plan on progressing...especially now that Kainzo has increased the upgrade requirement by so much. Hopefully we don't have another haven town situation.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I mean it makes sense since you can get diamonds etc from the cauldron.

yeah.. Maybe something like 2 diamonds to make an emerald ? Since diamonds are much more plentiful. Or maybe give alchemist a transmute to transmute a diamond block into an emerald block ?

Sreolla

Legacy Supporter 6
There is ALOT of extreme hills in the pve map, ive found like a stack myself. There is a ton of area to explore/mine out.