• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Earn money by turning off your towns protection

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
I've always liked to believe that part of the reason taxes are collected from towns every week is to power the rings that go around the towns. This is just a fun idea that I came up with, but I think it would be really cool if a town could turn off their protection for a predetermined amount of time, and gain money for it. A mayor would ask a moderator to turn off their ring for say, an hour, and the mod would say how much money they would gain by "saving power".

However, a message would be broadcast to all of herocraft, saying something like "X's protection ring has been turned off! Head on down there and get your free lootz!" Obviously by turning off your protection, you are opening yourselves up to raider attacks. So it's not just an easy way to make money, it's a way to spice up raiding, which has died out somewhat since rings have become active.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
This is a really nice idea! :D

Towns could set up defence towers around their settlement and wait there to make sure no outsider gets in.

I really like this idea! Your right, it will spice up raiding.

The server has got a bit boring now that towns are up and running officially.

I would love to see battles of raiders and citizens.
Im all for this! :D

dmil23

Obsidian
I think this is a great idea, it's annoying to try raiding someone when their walls are all up and they are raider proof. The best you can do for some towns is just said outside and kill but there's hardly ever good loot out of that. I think that there should be some sort of system, maybe not the one mentioned above, but some that would make towns more vulnerable.

Ghosh

Dirt
I would first like to say that I haven't played on this server simply sailing through the sea of text awaiting my whitelisting. But I believe this is a great idea, even if it wasn't put in completely. Something like what Vudani said and force cities out of protection at predetermined times of the week. In fact I like this so much I think I'm going write up a whole new post on this with a little more spice to it and a lot more detail =) Don't worry I'll credit everyone with their ideas!!!

PS. I'm kinda bored so don't flame me. XD

stickm8

Coal
if you make it mandatory for towns to turn off their protection, whats the point of towns bothering to become towns then?

Ghosh

Dirt
@stickm8
The town system would provide protection at all times except at predetermined times. This means that you would still be protected pretty much all the time, the exception being of course being your specific raid time. This would allow pvp to happen more often, but with the set times the towns could prepare for the attacks.

stickm8

Coal
I don't think towns should forcefully have to give up their protection for the sake of a bit of pvp, they worked hard to earn it

drshocking

Legacy Supporter 3
Besides, I work two jobs and am doing an internship and manage a relationship. You cant say be online on Wednesdays at 8pm when my free time changes from week to week. Then you just have free access to my now unprotected town? Thats not PVP thats BrutalAssRape :p I like the idea Kiwi. Power for money. good call. Griefing may be an issue with that though.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Besides, I work two jobs and am doing an internship and manage a relationship. You cant say be online on Wednesdays at 8pm when my free time changes from week to week. Then you just have free access to my now unprotected town? Thats not PVP thats BrutalAssRape :p I like the idea Kiwi. Power for money. good call. Griefing may be an issue with that though.
Someone called?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
It does indeed sound like a very good idea. The original one to turn it off only if they mayor asks someone to.

I see people die, but I don't see people die like they did the first month of the server during territory wars to control an area or road, or one pissed off person leading 40 man raids on other towns.

Greifing might indeed be a small issue, but as long as it's fixed before they leave it's cool. Remember the Shiroku raid? Lol, the town was trashed but they fixed it before they left and it was cool.

I don't think there would be anything but small griefings, which the town would know is a possibility when they deactivate the rings.

So even if people do greif, by turning off the protection for some money or something else, the town agrees to fix any small griefings rather than complaining about them.

Also, 1 pumpkin an hour would be a good incentive. They are in high demand and there is currently no way to obtain them. But this would be an annoying, hard, but fun way for towns to get the pumpkins they so desperately need for capitols.