• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Dungeons] Less populated dungeon outskirts

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
For many of the dungeons, there are places to train where a single player can aggro just one or maybe 2 monsters at a time. The tier 6 dungeons and the tier 4 Elven Palace are good examples of this. The tier 5 dungeons and the tier 4 Desert City don't really have this. If players want to fight a single mob at a time, they're limited to the Ivory City bridge minion. That's gotta be the most killed mob in Herocraft because players are always competing to kill that one minion.

It would be better if we had more spots like that throughout the 3 dungeons I mentioned so players aren't forced into tier 6, and limited to one dungeon upon reaching tier 4. Dense populations might make sense for tier 6 because those are the most popular for parties, but tier 5 would be a good level for individual training if there were more than just that one single spot in Ivory City.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
For many of the dungeons, there are places to train where a single player can aggro just one or maybe 2 monsters at a time. The tier 6 dungeons and the tier 4 Elven Palace are good examples of this. The tier 5 dungeons and the tier 4 Desert City don't really have this. If players want to fight a single mob at a time, they're limited to the Ivory City bridge minion. That's gotta be the most killed mob in Herocraft because players are always competing to kill that one minion.

It would be better if we had more spots like that throughout the 3 dungeons I mentioned so players aren't forced into tier 6, and limited to one dungeon upon reaching tier 4. Dense populations might make sense for tier 6 because those are the most popular for parties, but tier 5 would be a good level for individual training if there were more than just that one single spot in Ivory City.
SO which ones in a list do you think needs a massive mob reduction?

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
SO which ones in a list do you think needs a massive mob reduction?
I'm not proposing a map-wide mob reduction; I actually like how some areas have a lot of mobs. I think Ivory City, Sky City, and Desert City would benefit from having some areas with less mobs and some areas with more mobs.

A map that does this well is Elven Palace, where you can go inside the main building and find a lot of mobs, then go outside and only encounter a few. I'm a Ranger and my brother's a Cleric; we'd go inside and fight a boss, then run outside and catch up on healing with only a few minions to fight off, then run back inside and fight the boss and hordes of enemies. There aren't very many safe spots (or safer spots) in the three I mentioned above except for the entrances. This means that people don't play Desert City and Sky City very often, and players usually stay on the entrance bridge in Ivory City. Maybe if there were more lightly populated areas in these places, people would have more options other than the Ivory City bridge.

Parties don't have much of a problem, but individuals don't have a good tier 5 option for training, and only one good tier 4 option.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm not proposing a map-wide mob reduction; I actually like how some areas have a lot of mobs. I think Ivory City, Sky City, and Desert City would benefit from having some areas with less mobs and some areas with more mobs.

A map that does this well is Elven Palace, where you can go inside the main building and find a lot of mobs, then go outside and only encounter a few. I'm a Ranger and my brother's a Cleric; we'd go inside and fight a boss, then run outside and catch up on healing with only a few minions to fight off, then run back inside and fight the boss and hordes of enemies. There aren't very many safe spots (or safer spots) in the three I mentioned above except for the entrances. This means that people don't play Desert City and Sky City very often, and players usually stay on the entrance bridge in Ivory City. Maybe if there were more lightly populated areas in these places, people would have more options other than the Ivory City bridge.

Parties don't have much of a problem, but individuals don't have a good tier 5 option for training, and only one good tier 4 option.
I agree with this, it would help with grinding and make it more interesting.