• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Duel( or tri) mastering.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I have never been a fan of mastering but never retaining knowledge. So, ive come up with a some what balenced idea for mastering a couple classes, but keeping spells fromeach class. I have only gotten this for 2 classes, and I dearly hope his could be considered for replacement of legendary classes.

So, here's the idea: Duel Spec.
When you master a class, and decide to respec to A different class, you are given the option to either respec, or Duel spec. Duel spec will cost a lot of Coins, so it will not be to common, I'm thinking 3-5k for EVERY time to duel spec. Now many will already think this to be extreMly op already, but I have an I dea that will pretty much eliminate all OPness.

Now, I am going to try to explain this the best I can. When you choose duel spec, you will be given the option which class to choose next. Once you master this class, you get to choose what skills you get at what lvl for your duel spec class. These skills will be limited to 5-10 depending on what classes you decide to master.

For the weapons, you average the dmges of the 2 weapons. So if you master cleric and ninja, a sword will do 8 DMG, I think. As for armor, you do the same as weapons, so, if you go wizard and paladin, you average 9 shields. And I think 5 shields ( I don't know the shields value of full gold armor).

They're 240 different possabilities, so many different combos to choose from that their won't be 1 op class over all. This could replace the legendary classes, which I am not a fan of. Soon very body will be a juggernaut or archmage. Duel speccing give so many different options, you could play for 1000+ hrs and still have so
Much fun ( Not like you can't any way :D)

Thank for reainf, your thoughts are greatly aprecciated.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm sorry, but I have to say I'm against this. To me, it just sounds like the rich get immensly overpowered and the poor get weaker. All the coin limit does is cost a lot and prevents poor people from using it. Also, hand selecting skills? That's bad. If you hand select them, one could choose a bunch of quick, easy heals and some really strongs attacks and be immensely overpowered. Other then that, it's a good idea, just not balanced well.

agentjwall

Godly
It has potential to be an awesome idea but there would need to be a very detailed system in place to prevent OP skill combinations. That alone would be tricky to implement and with the disagreements people currently have over normals classes, it would only get worse. Besides, legendary classes will have a good selection of skills so it shouldn't be too disappointing, if disappointing at all ^^,

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I could agree wig this, but I would mainly want this to be like a regular spec. Handselected skills ( Especialy since it isn't very many ) would give your own duel spec a personal feel. Different peoPle would combined different skills for different reasons.

As you said, people could choose a couple quick heal spells, but, this would mean they would have to either gp a healer class, or paladin. Let's say some guy goes wizard cleric, he picks uP bolt, root, fireblast, pray, and something elce. Wizard is already an insane class, and you would have to sacrifise a skills such as blink and Gtelly for a couple heals. No matter what classes you choose, you will almost alway have to choose between this skill or that.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
It not the skill set that disappointing me, it's the fact that every 1 can become an insanpy OP class. Only having 4 options is what really disappoints me. I would rather have custom made classes then set legendary classes.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Soon very body will be a juggernaut or archmage.

You really think so?

Anyway, I am against this solely on a balance standpoint. Primarily I don't want the base classes to suffer in an attempt to balance dual speccing.