• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Druid: Bolt -> MultiBolt

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Druid is a class that performs best in group fights, but for some reason it has Bolt instead of a weak MegaBolt clone. Single Target warm-ups like Bolt seem to create a solo dynamic that is counter-intuitive to the rest of the kit.

I am suggesting that Druid loses the Single Target Bolt and gets an AoE nature-lore skill. It would be an appropriately weakened clone of MegaBolt, just like Druid Bolt currently is an appropriately weakened version of Wizard Bolt.

Thoughts?

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I have never thought about giving druid an aoe bolt of some sort. It would make a lot more sense to have an aoe dmg skill. I believe something like pulse would work really well.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Tbh I think maybe healer roles could be
Cleric - Tanky Hardcore Healer
Druid - CC and Utility healer
Bloodmage - Magic Damag Some Heals
Disciple - Melee damage slight heals

If Druid got reworked like cc healer, then this skill could go on it and add a stun or slow or something cool

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Stop hijacking a very simple thread with your crazy out there ideas please.

What do you think about removing Bolt and adding MegaBolt to Druid?

Answer that, then I'll theorycraft with yall.

cschris54321

Soulsand
Multibolt seems like a great spell for druid, synergising well with its kit and play-style, but.

Consider taking bolt out entirely and replacing it with Masspiggify, making them more of a group cc healer class as someone above me suggested.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think bolt should be replaced with chaoticvisions, since beguiler is now useless. Multibolt is not good enough, warmups are not good for healer class. also give them masspiggify.
This is a useless troll comment. If you would like some help offering useful comments, I can invite you to a private conversation and outline some simple hints. Not trying to be rude, but you KNOW what this is.

cschris54321

Soulsand
This is a useless troll comment. If you would like some help offering useful comments, I can invite you to a private conversation and outline some simple hints. Not trying to be rude, but you KNOW what this is.
Go ahead and invite me to a private conversation, i am trying my best to help further the server pvp so more kind blokes come over. I rekon balanced and fun classes is what this server needs, and standing there with your screen zoomed in is not what i call "fun" I rekon weaker but instant skills is what this server needs.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I think bolt should be replaced with chaoticvisions, since beguiler is now useless. Multibolt is not good enough, warmups are not good for healer class. That, or, consider taking bolt out entirely and replacing it with masspiggify, making them more of a group cc healer class as someone above me suggested.

beguiler.... useless? What are you smoking lol.
3 CCs, 2 of which silence the target? Chaoticvisions is infact very good, 120~ dmg AOE with a 10 second cooldown?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
People, like @Dsawemd said, stop hijacking this thread. He's making a suggestion and asking for your opinion on his idea.
Sadly, I can't speak much of this as I haven't played Druid nor have I played Wizard so I don't know bolt/megabolt, however I could see the benefit of the class having an aoe instead of a regular bolt

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok so I understand that Bolt -> MegaBolt is not too controversial, and could be one direction taken without too much fuss. Let's theorycraft.

@Jrr5556
@JupiterRome
@Irishman81

Tagging some people who have experience with druid (I think).
Jupiter (and others) you say that Druid is strong. Does it need an adjustment? If it does, does it need to lose some of its single target offensive power in order to keep it a Utility based Healer, and firmly away from BM's style? <-- that's my thinking, hbu?

Jrr (and others) you seem to prefer Bolt -> Pulse Variant rather than Bolt -> Megabolt Variant. Any ideas to make the Druid non-single target damage more unique? I really like the idea of a "new shape" for AoE somewhere in HeroCraft. We have skills that cover areas in cones and lines and circles.

What about a skill that the Druid uses and then after a few seconds the circle area around where the Druid was standing when they cast it gets hit by a Megabolt? This would require the Druid to aim this skill with their Body positioning instead of their mouse, and would be a new feeling mechanic. The skill would not be super easy to land offensively, since Druid does not want to run into the enemy's back line. The skill could place a 3x1 high iron fence temporarily at the location to give enemies the ability to have counter-play by avoiding it.

/skill LightningRod: The Druid instantly marks his position. After 3 seconds, that location (where the druid was standing) gets hit by a weaker version of MegaBolt.

example of above idea in case its confusing: Druid is being chased by Dragoon and Paladin during a teamfight. Druid is standing at point A and starts casting LightningRod. Druid keeps kiting and running to Point B. The Dragoon runs through point A and reaches point B, but the Paladin only gets to Point A by the time the LightningRod strikes. The Dragoon takes no damage because he avoided the area successfully, whereas the Paladin gets hit at Point A.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok so I understand that Bolt -> MegaBolt is not too controversial, and could be one direction taken without too much fuss. Let's theorycraft.

@Jrr5556
@JupiterRome
@Irishman81

Jupiter (and others) you say that Druid is strong. Does it need an adjustment? If it does, does it need to lose some of its single target offensive power in order to keep it a Utility based Healer, and firmly away from BM's style? <-- that's my thinking, hbu?

Jrr (and others) you seem to prefer Bolt -> Pulse Variant rather than Bolt -> Megabolt Variant. Any ideas to make the Druid non-single target damage more unique? I really like the idea of a "new shape" for AoE somewhere in HeroCraft. We have skills that cover areas in cones and lines and circles.

What about a skill that the Druid uses and then after a few seconds the circle area around where the Druid was standing when they cast it gets hit by a Megabolt? This would require the Druid to aim this skill with their Body positioning instead of their mouse, and would be a new feeling mechanic. The skill would not be super easy to land offensively, since Druid does not want to run into the enemy's back line. The skill could place a 3x1 high iron fence temporarily at the location to give enemies the ability to have counter-play by avoiding it.

/skill LightningRod: The Druid instantly marks his position. After 3 seconds, that location (where the druid was standing) gets hit by a weaker version of MegaBolt.

example of above idea in case its confusing: Druid is being chased by Dragoon and Paladin during a teamfight. Druid is standing at point A and starts casting LightningRod. Druid keeps kiting and running to Point B. The Dragoon runs through point A and reaches point B, but the Paladin only gets to Point A by the time the LightningRod strikes. The Dragoon takes no damage because he avoided the area successfully, whereas the Paladin gets hit at Point A.
Do this, but call it Storm Call :)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
@Dsawemd tbh I like that idea, Druids op imo cuz
1. You like can't run out of mana
2. Some of the strongest kiting in HC
3. Some of the strongest heals in HC
4. Very Spammable Heals
5. My ire is around 150 damage 8 sec cd
6. It has around a 300 damage Burst that's easy to get off cuz entangle, it's also on a 20 sec cd so you can do all this in around 25 seconds
300, 150, 300
7. Ires scaling us 1.75 PER 1 INT and starts at 100 damage
I'd like to say that I'm just throwing the numbers in that I think it was idk if ire is exactly 150 but it's close, bolt is more then 150 so that should make up for it

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Not trying to hijack your thread said (well I think) you don't know like how it's op or something like that, I like the idea of the skill too! I think Druid needs a whole rework and this could go in it

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

@Jrr5556
@JupiterRome
@Irishman81

For once, I agree with jupiter. As much as I would love to see druid with an aoe, I think this could push the class to the over powered side. Like he said, you can do a quick 315~ damage then kite and heal yourself up. With the high wisdom and high replenish, you rarely run out of mana. This skill sounds really cool, but I would feel like this could give druid an even higher chance of being one of the best solo classes.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
For once, I agree with jupiter. As much as I would love to see druid with an aoe, I think this could push the class to the over powered side. Like he said, you can do a quick 315~ damage then kite and heal yourself up. With the high wisdom and high replenish, you rarely run out of mana. This skill sounds really cool, but I would feel like this could give druid an even higher chance of being one of the best solo classes.
It's a great solo class, you know.. that is if you can lvl it solo D:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Disclaimer: Now that I have a response to the original post, the thread is open to any druid discussion with an emphasis on taking a look at the Offensive and Defensive capabilities of Damaging Healers (druid only in this thread please) now that Conquest points have slightly restructured top-tier pvp strategies.
Not trying to hijack your thread said (well I think) you don't know like how it's op or something like that, I like the idea of the skill too! I think Druid needs a whole rework and this could go in it
no worries, "hijack comment" was mostly for the Beguiler suggestions that were supplanted into the thread earlier.
@Dsawemd tbh I like that idea, Druids op imo cuz
1. You like can't run out of mana
6. It has around a 300 damage Burst that's easy to get off cuz entangle, it's also on a 20 sec cd so you can do all this in around 25 seconds
300, 150, 300
7. Ires scaling us 1.75 PER 1 INT and starts at 100 damage
8. I'd like to say that I'm just throwing the numbers in that I think it was idk if ire is exactly 150 but it's close, bolt is more then 150 so that should make up for it
1. I agree, a class that prioritizes WIS and INT as much as Druid does, with the Replenish skill, runs out of resources slower than most classes. What if we increased some Stamina Costs to add self-Invigorates into the rotation?
6. Does Entangle need a shift in power? Maybe it should Root for a shorter time and add a slow for the remaining time, meaning that non-mobility skill sets will have a hard time reaching the Druid to CC/Silence, but a mobility skillset could. Entangle (going from Wiki) lasts 4 seconds. EntanglingRoots: The target is rooted for 2 seconds and has Slowness I and Negative Jump Boost I for the next 3 seconds.
7. I think that a Druid which prefers to put points into INT over WIS should be rewarded with a solid bread and butter solo potential in Ire scaling. With new conquest points, Healers are prioritizing their heals more than prior. However, if we wanted to reduce the solo potential we could look at the range of Ire damage and condense it by lowering the scaling to 1.25 per INT and either keeping base where it is, or raising base by a small amount.
8. Ire does ~135 with 20 INT, ~150 with 29 INT. These are good INT amounts for the Druid playstyle that JupiterRome is an example of: Kite and Smite in a 1v1 or 1v2.
Bolt does ~150 with 20 INT, ~175 with 30 INT. One issue I see with Druid is that Ire and Bolt seem to be very similar in terms of damage, but Bolt has a big warm-up big cooldown and reagent cost. Thoughts? Lower Ire and raise/change Bolt to better distinguish the skills? Or do you think that the additional Burst provided by adding Bolt to the rotation justifies the similar effect to the bread and butter spammable Ire?

Overall, the goal I have in mind while crafting this is to make Druid less like a HoT BM, and to emphasize the class's support role over its role as a kite and smite duelist, while still providing scaling opportunities for players who prefer to prioritize INT over WIS.

@Irishman81 Idea behind this thread: I want to make Druid's non-Ire damage into some kind of skill shot, to reduce the ease of the solo-duelist-with-heals playstyle. The first idea I had to balance out the new chance to miss your burst was to make it an AoE skill. Thoughts on making Druid's non bread and butter into a skillshot? Maybe just make it a Ball projectile?

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem with entangle is that it's a powerful, long-range, instant CC. It either needs shorter range or a warm-up.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree Malik, Entangle is a strong skill that is essential to Druid's single target burst style. How can we make the skill into a more defensive cooldown that is used to help the Healing aspect of Druid be more effective, while still keeping the potential for the root-burst combo.

Since we are theorycrafting pretty hard atm, What if Druid had a Thorns-like skill, that had a similar mechanic to Seikuken?

ThornyJacket (stupid name): The Druid puts on his Thorny Jacket (stupid name) and for the next 10 seconds, the next enemy to hit them suffers no damage from this skill, decent knockback, and is Rooted.

Replaces Entangle ofc. Thoughts?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Since we are theorycrafting pretty hard atm, What if Druid had a Thorns-like skill, that had a similar mechanic to Seikuken?

ThornyJacket (stupid name): The Druid puts on his Thorny Jacket (stupid name) and for the next 10 seconds, the next enemy to hit them suffers no damage from this skill, decent knockback, and is Rooted.

Replaces Entangle ofc. Thoughts?
I could see this being cool, especially if it could be targeted to hit an important ally. Would make for more support (kinda) and allow Druids to place a quick defense should an ally be going down.

A skillshot that goes forward and then backwards (like a boomerang) could also be cool. Maybe all allies hit by said boomerang skill would get the Thorns skill-effect? Also, Brambleshield for a... (not that much better but still better) name?

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I got an idea.

Remove Bolt all together, replace it with pulse?

But give pulse a higher cooldown (and maybe a higher warmup?)