• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoon

MrFly007

Portal
Let me start by saying dragoon is one of the worst classes right now on the server and is currently in the worst spot I've seen since at least DG. Dragoon used to be decently tanky, had good sustain damage, and perfect mobility. Now the class has pretty awful sustain, the stamina costs on skills are crazy high, and has armor that literally makes me cry.

(Once samurai gets fixed) Every other warrior spec has better damage, or a stun, or healing abilities (Dreadaura, murasame, lay hands/absolution) and better armor. So why not pick those classes? The only thing you achieve from going dragoon is maybe a kill at the end of a team fight once your team is done carrying your ass and you're chasing down the last few enemies.
Plus not even mentioning the t2 skill which is now out of combat which honestly makes it useless. Dragoon used to have super jump as a regular skill in combat, now your giving to us as a l61 skill but it's nerfed down? No thanks, I'd rather have a skill that does something.

Dragoon had a pretty cool role of jumping in on a fight, doing impressive damage for extended periods of time, then hopping right outta there. Now I jump into a fight, and oh darn I'm already out of stamina, looks like I'm not going to be doing damage or jumping out of this fight.

Now for the suggestions:

1) Restore dragons armor to (or almost to) it's prior glory
2) Reduce stamina costs of abilities (Iet someone figure the numbers, I'm just suggesting the idea)
3) Seriously reconsider the t2 skill.
4) Rework some base damage numbers on its spade
5) Rework damage on abilities
6) Dragonknight does not need an additional 6 agility, those points could be used a lot more effectively.

@BalanceTeam

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Let me start by saying dragoon is one of the worst classes right now on the server and is currently in the worst spot I've seen since at least DG. Dragoon used to be decently tanky, had good sustain damage, and perfect mobility. Now the class has pretty awful sustain, the stamina costs on skills are crazy high, and has armor that literally makes me cry.

(Once samurai gets fixed) Every other warrior spec has better damage, or a stun, or healing abilities (Dreadaura, murasame, lay hands/absolution) and better armor. So why not pick those classes? The only thing you achieve from going dragoon is maybe a kill at the end of a team fight once your team is done carrying your ass and you're chasing down the last few enemies.
Plus not even mentioning the t2 skill which is now out of combat which honestly makes it useless. Dragoon used to have super jump as a regular skill in combat, now your giving to us as a l61 skill but it's nerfed down? No thanks, I'd rather have a skill that does something.

Dragoon had a pretty cool role of jumping in on a fight, doing impressive damage for extended periods of time, then hopping right outta there. Now I jump into a fight, and oh darn I'm already out of stamina, looks like I'm not going to be doing damage or jumping out of this fight.

Now for the suggestions:

1) Restore dragons armor to (or almost to) it's prior glory
2) Reduce stamina costs of abilities (Iet someone figure the numbers, I'm just suggesting the idea)
3) Seriously reconsider the t2 skill.
4) Rework some base damage numbers on its spade
5) Rework damage on abilities
6) Dragonknight does not need an additional 6 agility, those points could be used a lot more effectively.

@BalanceTeam
I did your suggestion because it was posed intelligently, however, give me more specifics other than "use it better here" - where is here?
What skill would you prefer to see on Dragonknight? SuperJump was the most anticipated skill to return to the mix, or so I thought.
Where would you rather the DEX*?

Because jump is a very "core" skill, I think it could get the stamina usage adjusted considerably, I know most classes would hone their skills with their core ability to be less cumbersome and this probably isnt the case in dragoon.

Note that dragoon is the most mobile class in the game and thus is middle of the road on damage/defense because of it. We went to great lengths to ensure balance is met but there's always room to improve things by play testing.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
For now I believe we should leave the damages as they are; buff a couple things and see what affects it has on the class.

I think Superjump should stay as the T2 61 skill but allow it in combat. This goes back to the problem of Dragoon getting out of everything but I believe we can deal with this by increasing the cooldown (1 or 2 min).

As for armor I think we should bump the chestplate up to iron (for now).

I agree with reducing some stamina costs but I don't know what its current numbers are at the moment (I'll probably test/look later) so I can't exactly say what should be done