• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon review

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
First off idd like to say that i think dragoon has potential but at this point I feel that its true form has not been reached. Previously dragoon was 2nd in melle dmg and now has droped to 5th, so its left click dmg has been dropped significantly witch i believe most would agree at this point dragoon is a left click heavy class so this dmg decrease has a big effect on the class, also impale and spear were instant cast witch allowed the dragoon to maintain pressure on the opponent presently spear and impale have .5 warm ups witch slows the combat pace down and also not being able to run jump and use these skills makes the dragoon even slower not to mention these skills are very stam expensive. Other then jump, disarm, and the basic dmg abilitys strike, bash, PiercingStrike, cleave, and lunarlance (personally i only use strike, jump, and disarm because the other abilitys cost to dmg ratio isnt that great, PiercingStrike only does 30 dmg at 30 str) dragonbash is the only other instant cast ability. Dragonbash sounds good on paper but in practice it is not very effective espcially in pvp. The only way I have found dragondash useful is on mobs that are less then 4 blocks away from me, also if im jump sprinting or sprinting I get pushed further then my target by 20+blocks and sometimes I even go in the wrong direction. I am curious why it has a target range of 8 blocks when it never works at that range and also pushes you further then 8 blocks anywhere up to 30 blocks. In pvp dragondash is useless because if your target is running/strafing it never lands correctly and anyways 400 stam is to much for this inaccurate ability. To sum up dragoon as I see the class there are only 3 abilitys that are useful: jump, strike, disarm. All the other abilitys eather cost to much, have warmups or just plain dont work. My sujestion for this class is to increase left click dmg, reduce stam costs, remove the warmups on the control abilitys and fix dragondash so that it brings you directly to the target with out the chance of over shooting them and does a stun (i dont know why it has a knockback effect also I dont find tremor very nessisary unless your trying to flee but you allready have jump so it seems redundent and also if you use both skills in combination you wont have enough stam to sprint. Lastly when compared to pallys DKs ninjas Wiz rangers and the rest of the classes, dragoons skills are not very diverse.

Last edited:

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Dude... use enter/paragraphs. Can't read that wall f text, or atleast not going to.

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
Dude... use enter/paragraphs. Can't read that wall f text, or atleast not going to.
sorry I struggle with where to end things.. anyways im just saying that the dmg got decreased, warm ups were added to spear and impale witch makes the class slower and the stam costs are crazy for a class that solely relies on stam. also I only find 3 skills useful: jump, disarm, strike. Lastly the class isn't very diverse in its skills when compared to pallys ninjas DKs and pretty much the rest of the lineup

Last edited:

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
My tips:

Don't spam skills, that's not what this is for. If you want to spam skills to kill everyone, wizard is always an option :D

Dragoon was op on haven even with spear and impale having a warmup, though the warmup wasn't bad at all considering every other class has warmups on their skills.

You are a mobiliy tank, not a DD

lunar lance is godly against mages

Dragondash is the closest thing to a samurai skill imo, a dash through your opponent that damages them. I use it to confuse/escape my opponent

Most importantly: If you're having stamina problems, don't spam any skills, just left click/impale/disarm ftw

Oh and as soon as Kainzo adds megabolt to dragoon it will work again, trust me.

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
is kainzo really adding megabolt? that sounds intense. it would like it if dragondash was more offensive though instead of a means to confuse them.

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
Took a while to write this and correct the spelling errors and such just to get a crummy response from the major posters here. I find it disrespectful especially from people who post here often.