• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragon Eggs

Should Herocraft make Dragon Eggs drop in game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anevia

Legacy Supporter 5
since I realized how many dragon eggs are actually needed. It would be nearly impossible to all of the eggs needed by voting alone.

zjacob1

Gold
wait, you can get dragon eggs by voting?!? I didn't even know you could get dragon eggs in the first place, since the ender dragon was killed. Wow, I'm clueless. In that case, I agree there should be other ways to obtain these rare eggs.

SIDE TRACK IDEA: Maybe herocraft could create a dragon's lair on each map, where a weaker version of the ender dragon can spawn for heroes to battle. They could alter its could so that it couldn't destroy blocks and won't spawn as long as there is one in a specific area (which I know is possible to do, since they were able to take away creepers' block-destroying blast and TNT's ability as well) and the area would be protected, meaning players couldn't break or place blocks, just like in spawn. Now that would be cool.

Of course, the herocraft staff is already busy with their lives and careers, both virtual and real, and the chances of them actually seeing this message and agreeing that it would be a good idea is slim as it is, as well as if they would have enough free time to make it. I know personally how hard it is to juggle personal life, job, play time, and side projects at the same time. At the moment, my colleges and I are developing a game similar to the awesome franchise Fire Emblem, which is hard as it is, since we're all teens who have evil teachers giving us stacks of homework every night.

...wow, I get distracted easily

Last edited:

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Would be kind of unnecessary to add a dragon's lair, seeing as a large pve update is already in progress, most likely consuming time and effort on behalf of the server staff.

RagingDragon5

Portal
since I realized how many dragon eggs are actually needed. It would be nearly impossible to all of the eggs needed by voting alone.

If everyone in the kingdom votes getting dragon eggs will be easier. It was done previous maps and there were still kingdoms.
I think it's fine as is.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Just a thought. It would be great if Dragon eggs could be a rare mob drop or maybe a fishing drop
because so many are needed for a kingdom and they`re super hard to get when voting. :(
If everyone in the kingdom votes getting dragon eggs will be easier. It was done previous maps and there were still kingdoms.
I think it's fine as is.
I laughed, genuinely giggled.

Kingdoms are not meant to be easy, Herocraft is not meant to be easy. While it is no longer advertised as Hardcore, Kainzo has stated that he does not plan to change the difficulty. In fact, I know he plans to add more restrictions and mechanics to melee fighters. Regardless, I highly disagree with them being drops, it would allow one lone player to work up the stuff to make a kingdom when its meant to be 40+ players coming together to make something awesome.

Now to Ragingdragon, because I can't just tear into one side of the story! No, no it wasn't actually. They were only decided to be a kingdom cost late into the Kingdom planning of Bastion. Though, an event was held that gave away the dragon eggs beforehand as well as other minor events and prizes that used them. Not until the first two kingdoms were made, were they a voting prize.

This has been a talking to,
Brought to you in part by: Melonmancy and the Kingdom of OS.
[Elder]Victim130 - Signing off!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I can see them coming from events more often but still really rare (but less then 1/10000 chance).

We want kingdoms to be active and we want players to enjoy their time here.

We don't label ourselves purely as hardcore because we want to appeal to a wider audience but still maintain that difficult taste :)