• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion DPS - By the Numbers

teddytazer

Soulsand
So Lets see who has the highest damage abilities in the game. If a class uses everything it has, how much damage can it do before they run dry. Since I'm necromancer can add the facts on that.

NECROMANCER

Total Mp - 140
Total HP - 92

Weapon - Diamond hoe - damage - 3

Decay - 21 damage over 21 secs - 20 Mp
Drain soul - 17 damage - 15mp
Plague 16 damage over 16 secs - 30mp
Poison 5 damage over 10secs - 15mp
Despair 7 damage aoe - 20mp?

For max damage per mp.

Decay x 2 - 42
Drainsoul x 8 - 136 damage
Total Damage - 178
Time - 42secs
Targets - 1

After this outta mp and will have to fight with hoe for bout 1-2 mins till full ability returns.

Keep in mind you could possibly be hitting someone while they are taking damage from your Decay and in between cool downs, as well as the mentioned regenerating mana. You will also be regenerating mana DURING these spell castings, which could lead to more DPS. (I think at least. Not positive since i can't check right now and I'm not a necromancer, and the wiki doesn't have cool downs that match your stated 40 seconds. Also the 3.51 patch says that Decay now does 1 less damage per tick and lasts 15 seconds. It doesn't seem as if this has been accounted for.

Once again, I could be totally wrong about all of this. I'm not a necro and I haven't been active in the past week or so, maybe something changed that I'm not aware of. But hey, this seems like a good and informative cause, as long as the math is done right.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Yeah, you'll get a new drainsoul every 15s - not very helpful.
His calculations are also without the usage of web and despair, and you often find yourself spamming despair as a defensive tool.

After your initial combo you'd have about 40% mana left(without the use of poison) and you have to start kiting/sparing mana. Ofc you can choose to only use decay and drainsoul, but hell, you'll die in pvp if you try that.

@Spwizzard2 Also, for how long are you able to kite before you die? 40s kiting will be hard enough.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Mostly I want to demonstrate how much max damage the class is able to do. yes I forgot to add the extra drainsouls could throw in. so I'll edit the bove and throw in 2nd decay for max damage. Decay is 21 damage over 21secs down from 27 damage I believe. Basically I'm hoping other class can provide details too so we can compare.

@kevinlive By using despair and web it wastes mp that could be used to further damage the opponent. Despair is also negated by anyone using optifine, and web misses/fails most of the time.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
@kevinlive By using despair and web it wastes mp that could be used to further damage the opponent. Despair is also negated by anyone using optifine, and web misses/fails most of the time.
A lot of people use spout, and despair is almost essential in close combat against melee classes.
What's the point in dps if you don't live to use it? :)

@kevinlive I'm a level 19 Druid, so often not even close to 40 seconds against a spec. But thats to be expected.

As i said, the only information I had to deal with was teddy's numbers, the recent patch notes, and a little math and knowledge about how these spells work.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
BARD

Total Mp - 127
Total HP - 86

Weapon - Jukebox - damage - 7

Icy Aura - 12
Pulse - 8

For max damage per mp.

Icy Aura - 12 (16)
Pulse - 8

Max Damage - 20 (24)
Time - 16 (about) Seconds
Targets - many

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Icy Aura - 15 Mana/3 Stamina - 20 Second Cool Down
Pulse - 15 Mana/3 Stamina - 10 Second Cool Down

teddytazer

Soulsand
@spartanman118 this look correct?

Icy Aura X3 - 36 damage. 30mp
Pulse x6 - 48 damage. 105mp

Total damage - 84 damage
Time - 60secs
Targets - Aoe

(not taking in effect jukebox damage)
Would be like this. IA,P,P,IA,P,P,IA,P,P. also might be longer on time based on how long it take to cast.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Samurai

Total Mp - 100 (But no use)
Total HP - 107
Total Stam = 9.5

Weapon - Diamond sword - damage 9
Weapon - Bow - Damage 6-11

Bleed - 15dmg over 15 sec (Takes 3 stam) (3 CD)
Strike - 6dmg over 3 sec (Takes 3 stam) (3 CD)
Bash - 9dmg (Take 3 stam) (3 CD
Inversion 0-40dmg (Takes 7 stam) (25 sec CD)
Mortalwound 12dmg over 15 sec (Takes 5 stam) (5 CD)
Disarm - Disarm enemy for 3 sec (Takes 4 or 5 stam) (10 sec CD)
Bladegrasp - Block 97.999999% of all melee for 4 sec (Takes 5 stam) (3 min CD)
Cleave - 15dmg to all surrounding enemies (5 stam) (5 sec CD)

Samurai can use: Bash + Strike + Bleed to output 30dmg just with skills over a period of 15 sec, but the stam pool will be dry.
Samurai can use: Cleave + Bleed for 30 damage over 15 sec. (15dmg to everyone in a 5 block radius) Then run dry
Samurai can use: MortalWound + Bleed for 28dmg over 15 sec and have 1 stam leftover
Samurai can use: Inversion for 0-40 damage against a mana class but then have no stam left for other skills.
There are other combos that takes under 25dmg before the Samurai runs dry, but I do not include them.

Also remember that while using skills, the Samurai do 9dmg every sword-hit.

Max Damage - 30/40dmg
Time - 15/Instant
Targets - Many/One person

Correct me if I am wrong with some of the numbers (I may be, I don't test all my skills very often and I never use Strike)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
nice work etkenn. but what's the total output after expending all your mana/stamina?
Stam runs out after 1-3 skills for most stam classes, and it regens SLOW while running.

Using all my Stam: 30-40dmg. Samurais are best at using their sword as main weapon and skills as support, so our skill dps is rather low.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Samurai

Total Mp - 100 (But no use)
Total HP - 107
Total Stam = 9.5

Weapon - Diamond sword - damage 9
Weapon - Bow - Damage 6-11

Bleed - 15dmg over 15 sec (Takes 3 stam) (3 CD)
Strike - 6dmg over 3 sec (Takes 3 stam) (3 CD)
Bash - 9dmg (Take 3 stam) (3 CD
Inversion 0-40dmg (Takes 7 stam) (25 sec CD)
Mortalwound 12dmg over 15 sec (Takes 5 stam) (5 CD)
Disarm - Disarm enemy for 3 sec (Takes 4 or 5 stam) (10 sec CD)
Bladegrasp - Block 97.999999% of all melee for 4 sec (Takes 5 stam) (3 min CD)
Cleave - 15dmg to all surrounding enemies (5 stam) (5 sec CD)

Samurai can use: Bash + Strike + Bleed to output 30dmg just with skills over a period of 15 sec, but the stam pool will be dry.
Samurai can use: Cleave + Bleed for 30 damage over 15 sec. (15dmg to everyone in a 5 block radius) Then run dry
Samurai can use: MortalWound + Bleed for 28dmg over 15 sec and have 1 stam leftover
Samurai can use: Inversion for 0-40 damage against a mana class but then have no stam left for other skills.
There are other combos that takes under 25dmg before the Samurai runs dry, but I do not include them.

Also remember that while using skills, the Samurai do 9dmg every sword-hit.

Max Damage - 30/40dmg
Time - 15/Instant
Targets - Many/One person

Correct me if I am wrong with some of the numbers (I may be, I don't test all my skills very often and I never use Strike)
always use your DoTs first

I think if you really wanted to figure out sword/melee DPS you would have to find out the exact interval that you could hit someone (in-between the invincibility frames). That would translate to seconds, which you could then combine with the time it takes to cast your skills and for them to carry out to get the average damage that a max level specialization could do.

I'd say the best way to do this would be to actually find out how much damage each class can do in a set period of time, say a minute. That way you can take into account the powerful spells of the caster specs as well as the heavy melee damage of the rouge and warrior specs.

Although I think it'd be safe to assume that the classes with the highest melee damage (Rouges, Samurai, etc) will have a higher DPS than the more tanky warriors or the burst-damage casters, because that is what they are intended to do. They have a higher damage output- but cannot take as much punishment.