• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

(Done) Architect looking for a town to invest time in for next map.

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
Howdy. For those that know me already and just want to get to the point, I've decided not to be a crazy-ass loner hermit this map, and instead I wish to invest my time in a town. In exchange for my Architectural Services, I want a very large plot volume to work with for my personal home in the town. I'm thinking at least 30x30x30, but larger is better. I also want free run of the town material stores (ex. stone, wood, clay, sand, etc...). I also prefer that this town be run by someone who has a proven track record as mayor and a good second-in-command. The last thing I want to do is pour my first few weeks into a town that dies from inactivity or poor management.

If you already know me, then you know that this space and the materials will be VERY well used in time. In return, I will help design/create/etc city-owned structures like city hall, city bank, etc. However, for personal structures/houses, I will still charge for my services on an individual basis, but members of the town will receive a discount. Also, I plan on either being a merchant or a farmer this time, so my profession skills should be quite helpful to the town. Just please understand that I will only be able to work one project at a time, and I will have school, a new baby, full time job, selling my house IRL, and every day life competing for my real-life time. Therefore, I will not accept any sort of managerial position. I just want to build pretty things, and either farm or sell stuff.

For those that don't know me, I'm an official HC Architect, I'm an architectural enthusiast in real life, and I can provide a few pictures of stuff I've worked on in the past. I've designed a few of Herocraft's spawns in the past, but I don't remember the names of any of them except Sanctum and The Bazaar (which got renamed to Zeal later on). Here's some of my previous works:

One of my first projects from years ago: Gwenmarie Island
2v8hkbp.jpg

The Creeper Cathedral
jh8sw7.jpg

Stairs to the Arena
2w38gpj.jpg

Zeal (formerly The Bazaar, a 1:1 scale replica of the Hagia Sophia)
20110715185806.png

Anyway, if you're interested, please reply in-thread. I'll join whoever provides the best combination of good management experience and space for me to work with.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Looks good haha, I'm sure Symbol would love to have him with him in Newerth :D

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Join Belegost. Really the biggest thing our towns is working on is architecture. We hope to be one of the best looking towns on the map. We were nice this map, but next map will be even better :).

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Sorry for going off topic, but I guess this is a valid question.
@Kainzo Will the forum posts for guilds and towns be erased? Making it easier to see what places are available?

jaif14

Obsidian
Somewhere in the barren wastelands of Canada
So, what is XD? I've been out of the loop for months.
XD was one of the successful kingdoms of the last map, and this map (although no kingdoms got official this map).
I believe @xexorian, @WoleverEntun or @Symbolite (basicly any XD member) will explain things better than me.

'XD' stands for 'Xandria Domination'. It is sometimes referred to as 'The Domination'. The kingdom stands for strong points in Architecture, PVP and trying to make Herocraft a nicer, better server.

We have been aiming for more ornate structures lately. We have been planning hard in creative mode of very unique, eye popping buildings and landscapes, but we have few architects, so diversity and buildings are similar with similar design techniques. With another architects (and a skilled one of that) on board our team, the sky would be the limit (and the bedrock :p).

Edit: the TheMormon just nailed it.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
XD was one of the successful kingdoms of the last map, and this map (although no kingdoms got official this map).
I believe @xexorian, @WoleverEntun or @Symbolite (basicly any XD member) will explain things better than me.

'XD' stands for 'Xandria Domination'. It is sometimes referred to as 'The Domination'. The kingdom stands for strong points in Architecture, PVP and trying to make Herocraft a nicer, better server.

We have been aiming for more ornate structures lately. We have been planning hard in creative mode of very unique, eye popping buildings and landscapes, but we have few architects, so diversity and buildings are similar with similar design techniques. With another architects (and a skilled one of that) on board our team, the sky would be the limit (and the bedrock :p).

Edit: the TheMormon just nailed it.
So you know, it is Xandria Dominion, sometimes referred to as the Dominion. ;)

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
I like what I see so far. And I recognize quite a few of the players, cities, and organizations mentioned. Alrighty, my interest is piqued.

I'm experimenting with Japanese Pagoda-style architecture in my current Single-Player game. My forte, however, is largely based in sandstone in Minecraft. Given an infinite supply of sand, I can build a lot. Overall, I tend to use low-cost, natural elements for my structures, so, a lot of various shades of wood, sand, and stone derivatives. I tend to keep color down to a minimum, so as to maximize its impact and guide the eyes. Rather, I prefer subtle contrasts to bring definition to a building, or in some cases, such as the Creeper Cathedral, I'll add more of a 3D element to what might normally be a 2D face.

I was thinking of building something similar to the Himeji Castle in Japan, at some point on this map.

800px-Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Himeji02.jpg

So, if XD consists of multiple cities, it might be best to put me in the one that will be dealing with the most traditional looks for architecture. At least at first. Generally anything LeCorbusier or later, I'm not terribly fond of. Except Frank Lloyd Wright. His engineering may have been crap, but his designs were slick.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I like what I see so far. And I recognize quite a few of the players, cities, and organizations mentioned. Alrighty, my interest is piqued.

I'm experimenting with Japanese Pagoda-style architecture in my current Single-Player game. My forte, however, is largely based in sandstone in Minecraft. Given an infinite supply of sand, I can build a lot. Overall, I tend to use low-cost, natural elements for my structures, so, a lot of various shades of wood, sand, and stone derivatives. I tend to keep color down to a minimum, so as to maximize its impact and guide the eyes. Rather, I prefer subtle contrasts to bring definition to a building, or in some cases, such as the Creeper Cathedral, I'll add more of a 3D element to what might normally be a 2D face.

I was thinking of building something similar to the Himeji Castle in Japan, at some point on this map.

So, if XD consists of multiple cities, it might be best to put me in the one that will be dealing with the most traditional looks for architecture. At least at first. Generally anything LeCorbusier or later, I'm not terribly fond of. Except Frank Lloyd Wright. His engineering may have been crap, but his designs were slick.
The mayors of the XD towns are Symbolite, WoleverEntun, victim130, and jazza411, if you want to start up a convo with them. :)

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3

SilverForge's townhall is mostly sandstone, however I do like to use a lot of rares. :)

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
Well all, after giving it some thought and discussion in PMs, I've decided to throw my lot in with XD. Thank you everyone who posted or PM'd with an offer, and I seriously cannot wait to play with all of you in the new map, whether a member of XD or not. It's going to be so effing metal.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Noo, I was too late to recruit you libra :/[DOUBLEPOST=1345710494,1345710435][/DOUBLEPOST]Noo, I was too late to recruit you libra :/

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Ech, I missed this. We have some major towns in the works for parts of the neo-Legion of Oblivion. Oblivion this map was amazing, you would've love it. ;D

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Forum-going Gold Five says:
"Stay on Topic!"