• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Does anyone still remember what a troll really is?

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
So anyone reading the Bible thread in here may recognize this post which at the end makes a stab at a response of mine.

Like me. My last post... is this one.

When I was talking about Shaky, I left out the part about how he failed horribly at Macbeth. He got the history AND geography wrong. The same follows for quite a few of his plays.
So why was he famous? He was the guy who wrote the plays. The crowd didn't care that Macbeth killed Duncan on the battlefield (real life), instead of killing him in his sleep (play).
They wanted to see a play.

In short, it seems that this thread is going on about, 'why God is/is not real, INSTEAD of what it should be about.

We really can't prove that God is there with science, or religion, or anything else here.
Some of you will hate me. Some of you will agree.
But all of you will hate me if I try to get each of you to like me.
We should decide things for ourselves. Like if there is a God.

Don't even bother replying to this post.

Because I won't respond.

Goodbye, Herocraft, my computer is shutting down, so I can't post here anymore!
Farewell!

Now, what will you choose? That God is real? That I'm a stupid person, thats going to the nether? That God is not real, or that you believe in something else?

We can't 100% prove, or even 80% or 70%, about Gods existence.

And in the meantime, get off of the computer, and think for yourself. I <3 God. Oh, and, btw, I KNOW A LOT ABOUT CAESAR. So don't say that I don't. Troll.

Not expecting this guy to reply, but it does hurt me to be called a troll for making an assumption as most of the people there on one side of an argument or another have. It doesn't make me a troll. It makes me a bit thoughtless and judgmental, but not intentional attempting to anger anyone for personal enjoyment. Then I recalled that an increasing number of people are forgetting what trolling even is and being friends with one Amgroma has lead me with the typical definition at my disposal.

Now, trolling requires the party performing the act to feel pleasure in doing so, thus it is an action that can only be absolutely determined by the one performing it, though there are some subtle features that one could pick up on or if the act is particularly elaborate then you can assume trolling has occurred. If pleasure can't be determined then the act is flaming, which while still considered purposeful isn't connected to any emotion on the acting party's account. Flaming is when one person purposefully angers another. This term was commonly used before trolling, but was eventually replaced in the rules of most forums. Despite the usurpation, trolling and flaming are still considered different.

Finally, a term that is without purpose is irritation. If someone irritates you then he's angered you without need of purpose or emotion on his part. If I were in a court room accusing someone of upsetting my client, I'd say the person was irritating. Now in real life we don't put people in court for being annoying, but it seems to happen on the internet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is kids need to learn that you can't go calling every person a troll.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don't like trolls. Their energy could be spent elsewhere but they prefer two things.
1) Wasting other's time
2) Hands on their crotch

Northac

Obsidian
I guess I am about to show my nerd here but... to me a troll is a mythical being that is used as a bad guy in D&D, a playable race in WoW, or as the bad guy under the bridge in fairy tales. The guys on the internet are just jerks living in their moms basment. At least that in my interpritation of it.

(Disclaimer) This is in no way directed at those who live with their parents and are not jerks, (I share a house with my in-laws at the mnoment) I meant those people who have no job, and no want to get one and spend their day acting like the back end of a mule.