• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Discipline too light?

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
As us PvPers are told again and again...this is a hardcore server....aka doesnt mean just PvE or PvP. Stop complaining that pvpers should have 0 access to pvping because you don't like it. We have to deal with your ground-level roofs, and sky-high walls...the least you can deal with is pillaring if destroyed after.
I see none here who is complaining about PVP'ers access to victims.
What we are complaining about is that you leave ugly pillars after your "raid" that doesn't even have to involve PVP, or the raiders getting into town at all.
Leaving pillars is (incase you forgotten) illegal by the server rules.
Just because "you think you should be allowed to" doesn't mean that is the way it works.

Remember that every pillar you leave means that a person from that town need to come out, PE the pillar.
Then an admin/mod need to blocklog it, remove the pillar and punish the player made it.

You are still allowed to pillar, but you need to remove the pillars.
protip: jump 3 blocks up remove the two in the bottom and repeat...
That way you'l never leave something else that one single block.

(if you are in a town, ask your mayor of what he/she thinks about pillars).

Joka10

Soulsand
If you are looking for more punishment for pillaring, we can make the punishments a little more noticeable for the abusers, so they will think twice about not removing their blocks. I, personally, could probably go a little harsher on punishments for pillaring.
Thank you so much... Other 'minor' offenses aren't really common right now as far as I can tell, but for any of them, if it is against the rules, the punishment should be enough, I feel, to make the offender not break the same rule again.
As us PvPers are told again and again...this is a hardcore server....aka doesnt mean just PvE or PvP. Stop complaining that pvpers should have 0 access to pvping because you don't like it. We have to deal with your ground-level roofs, and sky-high walls...the least you can deal with is pillaring if destroyed after.
o.o who are you even? You've been a member since Friday according to your forum profile. You're likely still an unspec... good luck PvPing with that. If you want access to PvPing, within a couple patches legal TnT will be available to temporarily bust through walls. Mobility classes can easily get over most walls already, and people with underground towns are very bad about keeping all their mines secure.

Pillaring is illegal if the pillars are left behind. If you are creative, you can pillar without leaving any sign you ever modified a block. This thread isn't asking for unremoved pillars to be made illegal; it's asking for something that is already illegal to be dealt with as the offense it is. There are other ways to get in towns.

Santharix1

Wood
Don't worry about who I am, I've been around since the start of last map, and quit towards the end because it got boring as everyone hid behind their walls with ZERO possibility of EVER getting a fight. I'm just not a forum warrior like yourself, I prefer in game combat. Also specced Cleric/Smith in less than 2 days...pff like it's difficult. I'm not saying pillaring should be allowed...i'm simply addressing to the people saying Hey there should be ZERO ways of raiding (such as pillaring even if cleaned up).

Joka10

Soulsand
Don't worry about who I am, I've been around since the start of last map, and quit towards the end because it got boring as everyone hid behind their walls with ZERO possibility of EVER getting a fight. I'm just not a forum warrior like yourself, I prefer in game combat. Also specced Cleric/Smith in less than 2 days...pff like it's difficult. I'm not saying pillaring should be allowed...i'm simply addressing to the people saying Hey there should be ZERO ways of raiding (such as pillaring even if cleaned up).
I have also been around since the beginning of the last map, and while I am not particularly good at ingame combat, I do participate in it. If you specced to cleric and smith in less than two days, you have too much time on your hands... Nobody is asking for there to be zero ways of raiding. There are plenty of ways of raiding other than pillaring. People want to see that dealt with because it is disruptive, ugly, and most of all, illegal. If you want to be able to grief without punishment, go to Warshard...

Santharix1

Wood
And again, not saying pillaring without cleaning up should be legal. Thanks for really putting me in my place by telling me I have too much time. Maybe I'm just not bad, and can get stuff done faster than others. It's cool though, take your shots forum warrior, I bet your level is off the charts.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Respect the rules laid out, if you want I can give you a free TP to Lost Cove so you can re-read them.

Santharix1

Wood
Not quite certain what rules I'm not respecting. In no way have I said leaving pillars should be legal. All I've said is that the option to pillar shouldn't be taken out.

brancher

Obsidian

Wasn't disrespecting rules, as you can see; was just stating his opinion on whether or not pillars should be allowed as long as they are destroyed afterwards.

Algsa777

TNT
I see none here who is complaining about PVP'ers access to victims.
What we are complaining about is that you leave ugly pillars after your "raid" that doesn't even have to involve PVP, or the raiders getting into town at all.
Leaving pillars is (incase you forgotten) illegal by the server rules.
Just because "you think you should be allowed to" doesn't mean that is the way it works.

Remember that every pillar you leave means that a person from that town need to come out, PE the pillar.
Then an admin/mod need to blocklog it, remove the pillar and punish the player made it.

You are still allowed to pillar, but you need to remove the pillars.
protip: jump 3 blocks up remove the two in the bottom and repeat...
That way you'l never leave something else that one single block.

(if you are in a town, ask your mayor of what he/she thinks about pillars).

I know Ill get bashed for saying. But pillaring is just perverse, it ruins strategy by allowing everyone to got over every single wall. I will admit there should always some way in, most preferably by using a skill not some cheap method, that includes not just being able to destroy the pillar while you make it. (What is perverse, sick, and wrong is always perverse, sick, and wrong no matter what you say.)
then i hate the idea that since HC is hardcore you dont get your your stuff back when they exploit/hack/cheat to get especially when it balantly obivious and/or you lose a large sum of supplies like stacks of iron/gold/diamond blocks.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I know Ill get bashed for saying. But pillaring is just perverse, it ruins stegary by allowing everyone to got over every single wall. I will admit there should always some way in, most preferably by using a skill not some cheap method, that includes not just being able to destroy the pillar while you make it. (What is perverse, sick, and wrong is always perverse, sick, and wrong no matter what you say.)
then i hate the idea that since HC is hardcore you dont get your your stuff back when they exploit/hack/cheat to get especially when it balantly obivious and/or you lose a large sum of supplies like stacks of iron/gold/diamond blocks.
what is stegary.