• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disabler for Ranger's Track

Which of the following seems best to balance track?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muphins69

TNT
I take my stand on this issue, as there should be an item/enchant the allows disabling the Ranger's track (or reduce it's use). I'll state some suggestions I have in mind:

1. An enchanter should have the ability to enchant someone's item that makes them invulnerable to a ranger's track
2. A player should pay money to block a ranger's track for, say about, 100-500 coins? Moreover, impeding someone's track should only apply to one player (/track block [player username]). Maybe this function can be used after being tracked a number of times.
3. If a ranger decides to track, their compass should not be able to point towards them.
4. The tracker should have a much larger cool-down if they're going to track the same player (regardless of tracking another player afterwards) and let them pay money (to the player, for 5, 10 coins and not have a notification show up?) for tracking the same player
5. Track is fine as it is.

I will admit some of these do seem a bit harsh.

Me and a few other friends are being harassed by this skill. The guy with track and his allies (whom are very high levels, until they decide to change classes) decide the track us down, every minute we're on, and I'd hate to say that's not over-exaggerated. The vicious cycle usually is:

1. Respawn at graveyard
2. Go back to base
3. Fight back
4. Die
5. Repeat cycle
OR
1. Respawn
2. Make a new base
3. Get tracked (again)
4. Die and get raided
5. Repeat cycle

I don't know if this applies to other players, but if so, I would like to to take their stand, that track can sometimes be detrimental to play Herocraft functionally. My friends and I (perhaps others as well) have the inability to enjoy Herocraft, or even play AT ALL for that matter. I am dumb-founded of the tracker's justification, however, the only reason that implies this behavior (that I can think of) is that we acquire the resources. Lots, to be specific. Other then that, I don't understand why they desire to only track us (maybe they track others, idk).

One more point; I am not referring to the those who explicitly type in chat they've found diamonds, gold, etc. and get tracked. That's their fault, and is not harassment. I want to avoid that perspective, and hope that track will eventually have a reduced possibility of harassment.

To get to the point, what are your guys' stand on my above points that makes you impenetrable to a ranger's track? Or reduce its functionality? All constructive criticism is welcome. Much thanks.

EDIT: I want to add a "Track is Fine" option, but I don't know how to edit the poll.
Also, the poll should be titled "Which of the following seems best to reduce possibility of harassment with track?" My apologies. Bad first implication.

EDIT: Reading most of these comments, I'm becoming convinced that Track is not the problem after all. I do hope that Karma will help eliminate the problem with noob camping.
I once again appreciate the constructive criticism.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I think the larger cooldown for tracking the same player a few times in a row is a neat idea, but I am against sending them coins. If a player knows they are being tracked, it ruins a big part of the skill (in my opinion). Even if they don't get alerted whenever they are sent the coin, I am still against it.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
I'm not very familiar with how track works, but perhaps a more reasonable idea would be to decrease the accuracy of the coords

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
If I may ask what's the problem with track? It's a 2min cooldown skill that gives a rough guess of where the target is and is mainly a sold good on Trade not really used by the ranger himself/herself.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Track is fine, the noobs are playing the game wrong. If you want protection, join a town.
Edit: To be fair, I think the mastered players in a group hunting noobs are playing the game wrong too, and we expect Karma to help deal with these things.

Even a complete removal of track would not prevent you and your friends from being killed. You need to join a community or you need to accept the fact that you can be hunted down and slain until you reach higher levels.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
From what I remember on zeal, coords are given with a 50 block radius to the possible location. Was most likely changed. I agree with Dsawemd, track is fine. Being harassed however does suck, its a hard part of the game. I would recommend using the forum to figure out who this group is, and looking for help from their enemies. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of thing.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Track is fine, it doesn't need to be balanced. Ranger is one of the unpopular classes and track is what gives them their much needed utlility.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I want to provide items or abilities to make players untraceable - probably a passive skill or something.
Maybe even have the ability to hold an item and the track will check to see if the player is holding that item in their hand...

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Loaded poll. It implies that Track is imbalanced. You should have an option that says "Track is fine as it is." Consider this my vote for that unlisted option.

Muphins69

TNT
I strongly agree with every point mentioned, Dsawemd.

Track is fine, the noobs are playing the game wrong. If you want protection, join a town.

Indeed, but my friends and I planned to make our town. Our finances were up to the task until we had to spend more money on protected chests. We don't want to join someone else's town/guild, as there is no majority vote between us, and we're fine with that decision.

Edit: To be fair, I think the mastered players in a group hunting noobs are playing the game wrong too, and we expect Karma to help deal with these things.

Agreed, and I announce my suggestion devoid of meaning. Still keeping it anyway.

Even a complete removal of track would not prevent you and your friends from being killed. You need to join a community or you need to accept the fact that you can be hunted down and slain until you reach higher levels.

I'm aware that you may have not thought that I wanted complete removal of track, as I really don't want it completely removed either. I do like track, but abusing it in this case just doesn't seem right.

As for acceptance, personally I'm not giving up due to a few imbeciles. I wanted a point to get across that reducing the possibility of abusing track can be supplementary to playing Herocraft.

Muphins69

TNT
If I may ask what's the problem with track? It's a 2min cooldown skill that gives a rough guess of where the target is and is mainly a sold good on Trade not really used by the ranger himself/herself.

Well, the problem is using it to the point of killing and raiding someone 30-40 levels below you, constantly raiding their bases and resources, and constantly immolating the player. In my case, it was to the point where we couldn't even fight back with decent weapons, or even chill at a base. Thus, ridding of the ability to play.

We have a base now with locked chests, not that that's in issue anymore. I just want to prevent a situation like that from occurring again.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, the problem is using it to the point of killing and raiding someone 30-40 levels below you, constantly raiding their bases and resources, and constantly immolating the player. In my case, it was to the point where we couldn't even fight back with decent weapons, or even chill at a base. Thus, ridding of the ability to play.

We have a base now with locked chests, not that that's in issue anymore. I just want to prevent a situation like that from occurring again.

What you just said there is common place on Herocraft even without ranger track. Many people will find where people stay at and live out of and camp them. It even happens with towns.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
As themeoff indicates, the problem here is noob camping, not the use of the skill track. And there are lots of threads raising concerns about noob camping, how it's viewed, and how to reduce it.

And I understand that the coords are still randomized by 50 blocks. It was less, but Kainzo moved it out a bit further to 50 blocks a few months back.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
What's the name of this Ranger? I'm intolerant of this sort of thing. I did partake in it in DragonGuarde, but realized the shortcomings of my actions and have been repenting since.

As others have said, the problem clearly in this case lies in camping underleveled players rather than tracking. I can assure you that track is intended to be used on higher leveled prey...

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
If you have a group, and you begin to start running out of room in the few lwcs you can afford, might want too invest in a spawn plot. It would be cheaper than many lwcs and the more people you have you all can just split the price.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I feel nothing is wrong with ranger tracking. It has a long cd and it doesn't even give exact co-ords. This seems less balanced based and more of a "I was tracked and killed by a ranger so the skill is OP, Ima go try and get it nerfed now"

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
As themeoff said:
When you're in a town, you at least have a place to take refuge in. You can run into your town, close/dirt block the door, and they can't touch you! I'm not sure what he meant when he said this happens with towns.

Avoir

Obsidian
Honestly i have no idea why you are complaining about tracks, the only reason right now that makes rangers worth playing is the ability to track people! Rangers have been nerfed out of the ass and are not that good atm, If you screw over track i don't think a lot of players would even play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.