• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Diffuse 1v1 tournament?

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Should I try to do one?

What it would look like:

Single elim bracket 1v1 tournament fought in a personally chosen location (likely a personal region).
10c entrance fee

Rewards: I would donate 1-2k coins to the pot which would also have all entrance fees. Probably a 60, 30, 10% split between 1st 2nd and 3rd.

What I am wondering is if there would be enough interest for me to bother doing it. Please post if you think it could work/if you would be interested. I'd also appreciate some more ideas for getting a 1v1 player (or admin) run tournament going. Note that suggesting a larger pot will actually attract too many players causing it to take a loooong time to do the actual fighting.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
@Diffuse I'd be willing to put some prize money in the pot and maybe throw in a fire aspect sword to the person who wins. I realized I probably wont be able to compete with how my work is so ill just help :p

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I think this is a fantastic idea, give people a chance to test their skills against one another.

If you need help trying to organize it, I will be happy to lend a hand @Diffuse

agentjwall

Godly
I'm not much for PvP and I don't have much money to donate to the pot...

but if you'll allow it I'd love to donate a lifetime supply of free engineer work* to the victor of the tournament!
*within reason and a long as they are willing to communicate via team-speak (mc chat is too much of a 'language barrier' per say)

B

Bingy1218

Hmm diffuse would separating the classes into different Categories be an idea so you have all warrior v warrior rogues v rogues nd the. Winner etc will moe on to other specs etc..

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
Hmm diffuse would separating the classes into different Categories be an idea so you have all warrior v warrior rogues v rogues nd the. Winner etc will moe on to other specs etc..
Yeah, instead of a OP Warrior Against a squishy healer, it would show actual pvp skill with a warrior vs a warrior.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
So there would be 4 winners? One from each spec path? Otherwise in the finals and semi-finals it would be Warrior vs. Healer or Warrior vs. Rogue

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
This thread was made to see if there is any interest. At this point I think I will do it eventually, but not until balance isn't as bad as it currently is. Hopefully by the time I get things put together balance will be fixed such that I can allow rogue vs warrior in regular rounds and expect fair fights. The only oddball would be healers because they really can't 1v1 all that well (disciples don't count).