• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Diablo II

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Hahaha, now I understand where you're coming from. You are way too OCD! lmao. It's cool though, to each his own! I don't really mind those minor differences.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Most of my issue is with Driver (audio) stuff on Win7 and graphics related issues. Yes it generally works just fine. But I also don't like a lot of the advanced stuff in Win7 (themes, how you can't turn off the standard folder in the explorer etc). The generic Win7 shell is just annoying in my mind.

Well atleast you have XP 64 bit working. That's what one of my programming instructor uses when he writes his code.

However support (like, security updates) for XP are fading and will soon end. You may want to consider upgrading to 7, or maybe a Linux distro using a shell like MATE that you might like better than Win7.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I do run Linux on 2 of my other boxes, security updates are meh. Not too worried about it. Most vulnerabilities exist because people click dumb stuff on the internet, or don't have a working ad-blocker. or they open something in a non-web based email solution. so yah...

Haven't ever had a problem with security issues regardless of my machine unless I purposely clicked something I knew was going to be an issue, hahaha.

On the question of linux, is what you're talking about able to run .NET (XNA framework / DX) stuff? or would WINE be required for all that.

Last time I tried to use that stuff it worked until I wanted to try and play with something that used XNA/.Net - mono just wouldn't suffice because of the proprietary code the games used.

@xexorian - yes I'm a bit anal about keeping my UI clean and functional.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I do run Linux on 2 of my other boxes, security updates are meh. Not too worried about it. Most vulnerabilities exist because people click dumb stuff on the internet, or don't have a working ad-blocker. or they open something in a non-web based email solution. so yah...

Haven't ever had a problem with security issues regardless of my machine unless I purposely clicked something I knew was going to be an issue, hahaha.

On the question of linux, is what you're talking about able to run .NET (XNA framework / DX) stuff? or would WINE be required for all that.

Last time I tried to use that stuff it worked until I wanted to try and play with something that used XNA/.Net - mono just wouldn't suffice because of the proprietary code the games used.

@xexorian - yes I'm a bit anal about keeping my UI clean and functional.

I ran MedianXL in Wine. Most Linux-native games are indie games, so you have to use an emulator like Wine. However It ran flawlessly and recent updates to Wine and WineTricks have given it more power to emulate newer games.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I ran MedianXL in Wine. Most Linux-native games are indie games, so you have to use an emulator like Wine. However It ran flawlessly and recent updates to Wine and WineTricks have given it more power to emulate newer games.

well i already knew WINE worked for generic games like D2 (it doesn't even use DirectX unless you force it) - but there are a whole host of issues that WINE simply doesn't work with (maybe it's gotten better though)

Jellybutter

Glowing Redstone
So, do we like, have our own private server for this, or do we just go on any random one? I havn't played D2 for a long time, and I'm like, lv 99.