• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DG apartments

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
Recently ive realized two things:
1) the number of people who are looking for dg plots is substantially bigger than the number of people trying to sell, and not everyone is willing to shell out 6k for the smallest plot size.
2) i only use the underground part of my dg plot

so in creative mode i designed an "aparment" building of sorts, and if people are actually interested in buying them, then i will build it on herocraft.

The outside:
http://s1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/rfgordan/?action=view&current=2012-08-09_122948.png

Each resident WILL NOT have permanent regions, instead lwc'ing a wooden door to their apartment.

Three apartments would be available with my current design:

Apartment 1:
http://s1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/rfgordan/?action=view&current=2012-08-09_113857.png
minimum 750c- 8 double chests + 17 furnaces + crafting table

Apartment 2:
http://s1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/rfgordan/?action=view&current=2012-08-09_113904.png
minimum 999c- 14 double chests + 18 furnaces + crafting table

Apartment 3:
http://s1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/rfgordan/?action=view&current=2012-08-09_113830.png
minimum 2k- two stories: 33 double chests + 36 furnaces + crafting table + enchanting setup + alchemy setup + jukebox

Perhaps this doesnt make sense for anyone, but planning this out satisfied my herocraft fix while the server was down :p

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
All chests would have to be left open(no dirt above) so that residents can acess them, as they won't be on regions, so will be open to exploitation, if residents are on the region- then each resident would be able to access all apartments, thus being able to access items that aren't theirs. I would've probably bought one if not for that slightly major problem.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
All chests would have to be left open(no dirt above) so that residents can acess them, as they won't be on regions, so will be open to exploitation, if residents are on the region- then each resident would be able to access all apartments, thus being able to access items that aren't theirs. I would've probably bought one if not for that slightly major problem.
believe it or not i HAVE put quite a bit of thought into this problem. While its certainly not an ideal situation, the only way for a potential exploiter to enter is to break a regioned block; therefore he/she would be able to access chests locked with a dirt block anyways. Anyone determined enough to exploit can do so, and these apartments will be in my opinion be as safe as any normal dg plot. Just look over your shoulder before you enter :D

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
While I love this idea, it is just an exploit waiting to happen. I would suggest smaller rooms with a rate based on howany chests they have in there, and they must be LWC protected

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
If people could get contracts with you, they could feel safe to put lwc's in there. Can you lwc a regiond chest without permissions?
If you can, then yeah! seeing more options for lower players to have places in spawn would be awesome.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
considering reworking the design, but id like to get feedback on having occupants lwc all chests with even remotely valuable items, but leaving chests with items typically in bulk and not very valuable unlocked (i.e. items not worth getting banned for)

Shadoram

Legacy Supporter 7
Does LWC on a leaver work now or can it be abused with telekinesis or anything else like it?
If not, you can have pistons securing the chests with an lwc on the leaver. Just a thought.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
Does LWC on a leaver work now or can it be abused with telekinesis or anything else like it?
If not, you can have pistons securing the chests with an lwc on the leaver. Just a thought.
good idea, ill keep this in mind while im redesigning. I know that for a while lwc's on levers didnt work at all. If someone could let me know whether thats still the case it would be much appreciated.

A

alexhoff1

I personally have found a great solution to this problem, If you want I could show you gordan.

I think that DG plots are the reason no one wants to join towns and why towns are dying. The more people living in spawn means the less raiding/advancements of towns.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
I think that DG plots are the reason no one wants to join towns and why towns are dying. The more people living in spawn means the less raiding/advancements of towns.
I agree with this to some extent but I think that at the very least a place to put some items, for a mini base in spawn, would be useful without contributing to this problem. Players with one small room in spawn would still need a larger house.

Well currently I see people selling their plots because they are quitting or for w/e reason. Then the current active people buy their plot and make it theirs. Or what happens is someone goes inactive, loses their plot so then someone buys it when it is on the market.

The whole apartment concept would help out noobs in a way that they wouldn't get killed buy rangers like what happened a few days ago, but if new players become accustomed to having their items in a safe regioned area where PVP is disabled. This would just cause new players to fall more towards DG plots rather than towns. It is hard to have the server expand and grow as a community when all the active people live in spawn.

If you also don't give them region access, that means all their chests are uncovered. What is stopping someone from exploiting in the plot or opening the chests through walls to steal all their items?

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
And that's a flaw that several people have pointed out. I still haven't given up om the idea, however, and hopefully I can solve the issue.

Separately , the "apartments", in whatever form they take, will be too expensive for the very newest players.

Status
Not open for further replies.