• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Dev Diary] Whats keeping us busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Please just make this to the armor, and not whats in my invintory.... If i cant carry a pallys armor after I kill him, Im going to rage
There's a reason why its stated as "Equipment" weight - it only is the measure of what you have equipped (Armor)

Are you considering or have you considered adding in a negative modifier to spell efficiency based on weight? Something like <35 weight 0% modifier, 35-44 -10%, 45-54 -15%, 55-64 -25%, 65-74 -35%, 75-90 -45% and 91+ -55%?
Going over your equip weight will always punish via mana regen / stamina regen and its possible to negate various attributes too, which will probably happen.

Last edited:

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I can see players not caring that they're over their equipment weight and just use speed potions at all times instead. That'll suck.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Journal #22
Calculating Equipment Weight:

Each piece of equipment weighs the goes toward the total equipped, if you are over your equipment weight, you will become encumbered and move more slowly, as well as have less mana/stamina regeneration. For the sake of balance, we will give boons to the classes who would normally wear heavier armor, at the cost of other starting stats. A paladin may have higher endurance than a rogue but have less agi.
NJnvapqBH3xvPcK6AOxzV59ZPFwwEJ3oFcCLPDZ5v33MO32GTk75pv_53kP80wP-vNFbjQnolDsJ9l4YUY16yDysE-DMUzWT7Xm6NztKeVjEkn3nd15GINiA

View attachment 7796
yessssss . . . so awesome.

Bedwyr2112

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo By the way, its there anything that non-developers would be able to do to contribute to help move things along on any of the projects that are in the works?

I'd love to get involved, but I'm not a java developer

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
@Kainzo By the way, its there anything that non-developers would be able to do to contribute to help move things along on any of the projects that are in the works?

We always need people on Test! Come join us on test.hc.to

Bedwyr2112

Legacy Supporter 9
We always need people on Test! Come join us on test.hc.to

Is test server only testing for PVP or is there mobs spawning there as well. I'm not a pvp'er and would be more interested in testing on the PVE side of things to see what the balance is like leveling n such

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7

Build custom objects for me to use on the Adventure Map! Or better yet, apply for Architect and help build it! :3

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Build custom objects for me to use on the Adventure Map! Or better yet, apply for Architect and help build it! :3
That reminds me, remember those 3 objective based games I've built and the first phase of the dungeon I made? Will those ever make an appearance on Test?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Trying to work on custom-items

Kl8TpQG.png

eeCGMs6.png

3HjKeQF.png

JYA2pmL.png
Oooooh boy. Do you think there will be a chance for smiths to give their item a name & lore? I can see them not being able to grant weapons with skills, but having the lore would be extremely cool.
Also, I believe you talked about moving away from gold ingots as the currency. Can I assume that you get soul fragments from mobs, and you can then sell fragments at the DHX store for money?
EDIT: Also curious about "Two-Handed". Does two-handed weapons just deal more damage? Or do they attack slower? Possibly both? I dunno. I'm interested in seeing where you're planning to go with this.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Oooooh boy. Do you think there will be a chance for smiths to give their item a name & lore? I can see them not being able to grant weapons with skills, but having the lore would be extremely cool.
Also, I believe you talked about moving away from gold ingots as the currency. Can I assume that you get soul fragments from mobs, and you can then sell fragments at the DHX store for money?
EDIT: Also curious about "Two-Handed". Does two-handed weapons just deal more damage? Or do they attack slower? Possibly both? I dunno. I'm interested in seeing where you're planning to go with this.
If Two-Handed is going to have some kind of special meaning, I think it will/should have an increased damage compared to one-handed, but would have some weight the same way as armors in it if that is codable.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
If Two-Handed is going to have some kind of special meaning, I think it will/should have an increased damage compared to one-handed, but would have some weight the same way as armors in it if that is codable.
Give me my 2-Handed axe! My berserker demands it!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
WeaponTypes will be coming in very soon. You will only be able to swing a 2hand weapon X times in 10 seconds (but have bonus dmg) ... where a 1hander will be much higher.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
WeaponTypes will be coming in very soon. You will only be able to swing a 2hand weapon X times in 10 seconds (but have bonus dmg) ... where a 1hander will be much higher.
Could we also have Rapiers or other similiar swords that would hit faster than normally by dealing 1 damage after a hit or a specific amount of time after a hit, removing the invincibility timer in the same way as DoTs?

Status
Not open for further replies.