• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Desktop builds!

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
So since i may try and buy all the parts for 2 desktops and put them together (all in under 10ish days >.<) i have no idea what to get.

I thought it would help me if i saw what other people play on, and what fps you get :p

Thanks!

Northac

Obsidian
8 is a pain in the ass to work with and trouble shooting it is worse (im a comuter tech by trade lol ) but id say go with 7, cause vista has a good chance to lock up (my old laptop did just that) and it takes a 7 disk to fix it. You could try linux, but if you aren't comfortable with it 7 would be your best bet.

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
Windows 8 is fine. I got it when I built my PC a couple months ago even after all the "windows 8 is the worst thing ever made" bullshit and it honestly isn't much different. There's a few things you have to learn but for the most part it's pretty simple.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Windows 8 is fine. I got it when I built my PC a couple months ago even after all the "windows 8 is the worst thing ever made" bullshit and it honestly isn't much different. There's a few things you have to learn but for the most part it's pretty simple.

It's vista 2.0 I installed Win 8 on my GF computer after reformatting it and it's really meant for touch screen.

He isn't getting a touch screen and it's 30$ more for win 8.1 oem then a win 7 oem.

It's horrible unless you have that touchscreen and is there to suck up money till Microsoft can make a better OS. Just like vista was to XP.

Northac

Obsidian
For basic use its ok, but I hate having to try to run diagnostics on it, the coding of 8 sometimes will not let some things (namely Kaspersky) to start up over windows. Making it harder to find and get rid of some masking programs.
Granted other than its clunky (face it, its true) interface, its not too bad. And it was made to be seem less with windows phones and tablets, but I still prefer 7 over it.

And Vista was the worse one. BSODing out after an official windows update makes it a god awful OS.