• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Death Chest did NOT drop.

At around 3:55PM on 30/07/2014. I was mining around
X: 2170~
Z: 7
Y: 2300~

and I got engulfed by lava, I got out with 3 hearts but I still had the fire ticks on me. It eventually killed me and my death chest did not drop.
I was in an area that had ENOUGH room for it spawn. Before I died I specifically positioned myself in a space that had enough room for the chest. But it still didnt drop!

I was 100% on the ground, and I was 100% in an area where it could have spawned, and I 100% had a chest on me.

This bug caused me to lose around 80s worth of souls. Around 15 diamonds. A badge of inquisition. And a couple more ores, and relics. In the end I was forced to BUY redstone for 10s in order to just return back to my recall point. If I had my death chest I wouldn't have to spend 10s on redstone either.

This really shouldn't have happened, and I hope that most if not all of my items are returned to me.
I hate to bitch and moan about these things, but when I waste more than an hour mining only to lose all my stuff to a death chest not spawning where it should have spawned. Then that makes me angry.
I hope an admin can sort this out for me, and I hope that I can get my items back!

Thank you,
TheUberNerd

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I think taking damage might throw you up in the air, if you're unlucky it is high enough to not spawn the chest.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
As far as I know, staff will most likely not refund your items. Maybe you were just unlucky when it came to spawning a chest.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hard to say you were 100% on the ground - lag can mean odd things to people - if you were in the air or were lagging at the time of your death - its very easy to not drop a deathchest. I cannot reproduce this issue by being in an area I can build and being on the ground.

Gladly will take more bug reports and I'll push them to the developer.