• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Just a random note, but did you guys know that both Minecraftforums and Bukkit are on the Curse's websitelist?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Yes, we are aware they are slaves to their Curse overlord.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm sick of this DDOS shit, @Kainzo and staff thanks for working your asses off to fix this, im probally going to donate to this server some time soon.
Wish I had money to donate :(
Kainzo and all the staff deserve a big ass gift or something at the end of this,

PtrkLnk

Dirt
Well I think they (or someone) are DDoSing me. I can not get on the internet, and when I can get on like now it is in one of those little dips on the chart. The chart is from my router and is pretty self explanatory.

Is this really ddos?

newchart.bmp

trackmike

Legacy Supporter 5
Well I think they (or someone) are DDoSing me. I can not get on the internet, and when I can get on like now it is in one of those little dips on the chart. The chart is from my router and is pretty self explanatory.

Is this really ddos?

Could be, but more likely something updating in the background or a stealth torrent program like Pando. Check out http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4371...width-consumption-of-individual-applications/ for a possible way to check that out.

Twizinator

Wood
Quoted from the spoutcraft thread
Hm.. you could possibly use Fail2Ban, use it to crawl your server.log and just proxy the port internaly. And if you receive to much connection from one ip, fail2ban bans it via iptables.

A little more expanded: Just patch in a connection.log file for each connection which gets opened to your minecraft server. Than you can simply check that file with fail2ban.
If you dont want to patch bukkit, there are multiple proxy softwares in the repository of debian. Just listen to 127.0.0.1 only with bukkit, listen with the proxy software on your internet ip, and redirect internaly. Also the proxy software should have a conneciton-log method. (not sure, but i think Squid can do that). And as soon as you got the log use fail2ban, parse it and auto ban those people.
Herocraft Dev being DDOS'd by Spunkiiez / CraftLandia Server

Nathanpr0

Wood
I'm back.

Spunkiiez isn't the Craftlandia Admin. He was just a moderator of the server who has removed from staff to hide the suspection about them. Craftlandia owner is Ricardo (known as admn), and admin/director Dorgado, who seems to be his right hand.

As I said, they shut down servers who start to being a threat. You them can see this here:
http://www.minecraftbr.com/forum/Thread-CraftLandia-é-o-pior-server-do-BRASIL-DETALHES-NO-TÓPICO

"Craftlandia, the worst Brazil server."
Thats the largest brazillian site/forum of Minecraft. They don't support piracy and claim that they always get spammed/attacked by Craftlandia staff.

http://knightsofminecraft.blogspot.com.br/
KoM was an RPG server like HeroCraft. After people saw that there was a funny and diferent gamestyle on minecraft, many people started to play it. Result: They got attacked and shutted down by Craftlandia 4 times according to their blog and Minecraftbr community. KoM admin gave up.

Here are some quotes of these links

"I tried to do partnership with them (Craftlandia) but i realized the ethics lack of the server who acts like an organized gang."
"They took down KoM and recently bombard MCBR Sosaria"
MinecraftBR Forum admin

"I dont know what to do. However we try to find some security, the same X (hes talking about CL staff) guy can take down the server with incridible ease. Im talking with a host and we will see what we can do."
"I give up. Guess that i was just delaying it. Who was attacking KoM all this time isnt an idiot like others."
KoM Admin

Still searching for proofs.

PtrkLnk

Dirt
Well I went around and made sure every thing was turned off except my laptop that I am posting this on.

I do run a server and the IP is in my signature on all of the forums posts

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah between his taunting comments and familiarly broken english I though it quite evident.

Twizinator

Wood
You were wondering that too? Lol, his recent posts have been very suspicious!
:O
In what way? I just want a copy of HeroChat, to be honest, I'm sick of mChatSuite. Want to help as much as I can, but I am not good with DDOS prevention, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.