• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Davoguha's Coding Application

Davoguha

Stone
1. Minecraft IGN: Davoguha
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age:
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): Central
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Approx. 2 months
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Approx. 1.5 months
7. What is your level of Java experience?: College Programming
8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.: N/A
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I have an extensive, yet rather vague history in programming. I previously worked for a server in another game called Tibia, programming in C++. Recentl'y I have taken a college programming course, which was mostly java-oriented. I tend to consider myself one that thinks outside of the box; often I lack the ability to write an entire code myself, however I have the understanding to pick apart, read, modify, and correct coding. I have a keen eye for error spotting and fixing.

To be quite frank, it has been a good while since I have been involved in any major programming projects and I'm eager to do so. I have not directly worked with minecraft's java code a whole lot, however I have glanced through a handful of mods/plugins and everything seems easy to read and work with. I would be overjoyed to have the opportunity to work on the HeroCraft server's team in an attempt to bring more depth and more abilities to the world.

As my experience is a bit vague as I mentioned before, I understand reluctance concerning my application. That said, I request consideration of a trial period, whereas if my abilities are unfit for the work, there is no reason for me to be on the team.

Thank you,
Davoguha

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1. Minecraft IGN: Davoguha
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age:
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): Central
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Approx. 2 months
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Approx. 1.5 months
7. What is your level of Java experience?: College Programming
8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.: N/A
9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I have an extensive, yet rather vague history in programming. I previously worked for a server in another game called Tibia, programming in C++. Recentl'y I have taken a college programming course, which was mostly java-oriented. I tend to consider myself one that thinks outside of the box; often I lack the ability to write an entire code myself, however I have the understanding to pick apart, read, modify, and correct coding. I have a keen eye for error spotting and fixing.

To be quite frank, it has been a good while since I have been involved in any major programming projects and I'm eager to do so. I have not directly worked with minecraft's java code a whole lot, however I have glanced through a handful of mods/plugins and everything seems easy to read and work with. I would be overjoyed to have the opportunity to work on the HeroCraft server's team in an attempt to bring more depth and more abilities to the world.

As my experience is a bit vague as I mentioned before, I understand reluctance concerning my application. That said, I request consideration of a trial period, whereas if my abilities are unfit for the work, there is no reason for me to be on the team.

Thank you,
Davoguha
Greetings Davoguha!
Please familiarize yourself with IRC - we currently sit in #heroes on esper.net. Once you get there, we can try and get you started with some skill creation and then go from there.

Thanks for the interest!

Davoguha

Stone
Thank you, Kainzo!
I have used IRC chat quite a bit in the past, you'll find me available on your channel 24/7 (possibly AFK). I am currently downloading what I would assume to be the essential tools to get started. (Netbeans, Java JDK, Eclipse IDE, Heroes mod for MC, and the Bukkit kit) Hope I can be of service to ya ^,^