• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Custom item durability

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
As of right now, it seems that a few classes have an upper hand when it comes to their rare weapon. Ninjas get a dagger (shears) which does not break on hits, disciples get a blaze rod which doesn't break on hits or reduce durability on death, and I believe there is also now a hoe which also will not reduce durability on hits.

For a couple of the other classes, there are diamond weapons with unbreaking, but for axe wielding classes, the only drop right now is made of gold, which has a durability of 33 hits. The best enchant i've seen on one of those is unbreaking 5, which is still a 17% chance to reduce durability on hit, giving it about almost 200 uses.

This seems quite grandly unfair for those wielding axes, and a bit unfair for those wielding the diamond rares.

I would suggest that all items should come with silly amounts of unbreaking on them, or made completely unbreakable to be on par with other rare weapons.

The only other alternative is using a smith to repair them, but I wouldn't want to risk losing the enchants that makes the weapon what it is.

Thoughts?

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with you, but I am assuming that there is some problem assigning custom durability or they would have changed these things awhile back. That said, I would prefer the new items have "really high" durability but not be completely unbreakable.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Here's the thing;
Disciples and Bards have been getting the shaft in terms of enchants since day 1. Up until recently Bards got swords added to their list of weapons, although it isn't their primary. A gold sword will do 57 base dmg while a music disc will do 60. In short, if you were a melee class Disciple would be the only class in the game that couldn't carry an enchanted weapon. Bards sort of fit in this category as well since it would be a minor inconvenience to carry an enchanted gold sword.

Where does that leave us now? Spawning back with your item-in-hand after death has only been introduced this map. I don't think it was properly thought out the affects it would cause. Graveyard running is a viable tactic now, at least until your armor/weapon runs out. For Disciples and Bards, they suddenly have the advantage of having the same weapon seemingly for life. I know I've been using the same Blazerod for 3 weeks, and I've died plenty. With this in mind, if a Disciple or Bard got a hold of an enchanted Blazerod or Music Disc, they'll have an advantage over all other classes seemingly 'for life'.

This leads us to the obvious question; should there even be enchanted blazerods and discs? Should 2 classes have an advantage of keeping their weapon for life, or should they both go back to being the only 2 melee classes ignored? My answer is that this might be a sloppy mess that is hard to turn from. The sad reality is that these rare drops are here to stay, and we all have to just face the music.

The most worrying thing aren't blazerods and music discs though. The truely game breaking aspect of rare drops are the fire aspect hoes. The higher the fire aspect, the more I cry. The problem with these things, aside from their endless durability, is that you're giving a high damaging melee tool to classes that are not meant for melee. This tool will be a healer kiter's dream, since all they need to do is kite/left click/heal and repeat until death. Fire aspect's affect should not be under estimated... It hurts.

I love the concept around rare drops. It's a nice reward for someone who grinds out mob kills. The fact is though, Herocraft is simply not ready for it yet. Hoes should have enchants that increases attributes that hoe wielding classes need, like intellect or wisdom... not give it fire damage. Ditto with all the other weapons.

I'd be happy if all rare items were deleted from the server tomorrow morning, but that won't happen. It really unbalances things, and in the case of fire aspect hoes it DESTROYS things completely. A Cleric with a FA II Knockback II hoe will destroy any class with ease, and he'll likely have that weapon for life. It's a head scratcher.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
i agree fire aspect weapons are umm, fun on a cleric lol. That said, at least their durability is now reduced on death so they arent quite perm weapons. But they should be replaced with attribute bonuses ASAP if possible. Or maybe something like "if you melee an ally you heal them for 25 health (cannot occur more than 1 per second yada yada copy disciple skill wink wink but not group heal, etc

Last edited:

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
Perhaps they could convert the gold axes to diamond and make the weapons not lose enchants on repair?

Northac

Obsidian
hmm, havent seen any fire aspect hoes yet (i play a necro, i want one lol) Though that is a bit off of what a caster should really have, hasnt Kainzo said that the current rares are a stop-gap until the crafted one are implemented? Because i thought the current ones would go and news ones would come along once that happens (i could be wrong). From what i understood this was planned to happen about the same time as the boss mobs mod.
Again i could be off on this.....