• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Curious Steampunk Professor

I am wondering how many places here are steampunk enthused? I am wondering so I may find things comfortable and be able to enjoy the company of fellow clockwork men and women as well as the company of others :icon_mrgreen:

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't think there are any steampunk-themed towns on the server, Adimarchus, which puts you in an excellent position to get one started!

A steampunk town would be pretty cool I think. However, I don't really see how you would go about differentiating it other than using a steampunk texture pack... unless you put the whole town on a dirigible... which would be AWESOME :D

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
SkyForge has some airships and stuff, being a flying city and all. But I wouldnt say we were a steampunk city. Its actually really hard making something properly steampunk in minecraft. I have been thinking of making a hot air baloon soon. That would be 1800's style, but not so steampunk. We have a normal clocktower too, but its not enugh details to be properly steampunk imo.

Droowid

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I'm a fan of Full Metal Alchemist, which is pretty steampunk. I also once was part of a team responsible for a multi-chamber steampunk water bong, complete with valves and gauges. I want to make a steampunk-style airship or mech at some point.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Hagane Renkinjitsu! Would be awesome making a giant Alphonse statue or something.

However, I looked for some steampunk tips for minecraft, but found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i0Gdu41xJU&feature=player_embedded#at=131 Perhaps a nice perk for the engineer class?