• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Creepers

I've been having some nasty trouble with creepers lately, and it soon became that creepers were my one and only problem. At this point, I can sometimes use projectiles from a safe distance, and I always try to watch my back, and I can usually see a spider or zombie or skeleton so I know where they are, or I can hear them coming and know to watch my back. But the problem with creepers is that they don't screech or groan or clink, and it soon become a losing streak from creepers of about 5 times in this server. I have lost many valuable possessions from them, and I know they can be notorious for they nature. If anyone has any suggestions besides taming an ocelot, please post.Thankyou

PoisonEdge

Legacy Supporter 3
Not really any way to avoid them out right.. Aside from spotting them in advance and going around them.. The trick to fighting them, is called kiting. Because of their fuse timer, you have a 95% chance to hit them with a melee attack or offensive spell, and backpedal far enough away for their fuse to go out, and start chasing you again. Rinse and repeat until the bugger is dead. Most of my exp has come from Creepers thus far, and I are a Healer. Regardless of class, or spec, you need to keep an eye on your surroundings in the wild.. If not for creepers and other mobs, for pvpers looking for the easy gank.

me19584

Glowing Redstone
Thanks I think this may help actually because I try to run when the fuse goes off but they just kill me.
If you have an enchanter, you could ask them to enchant a weapon with knockback specially for creepers. What I do is sprint and hit them to get a natural knockback and than repeat.

HolyAdos

Coal
another way to detect creepers is if you put some wooden pressureplates around your home in areas you think creepers might wander, then you can hear the clicking of the pressure plate.

sheepcrys

Legacy Supporter 3
Tbh I'm shock that you find creeper a problem but not think skeleton is a nightmare...

Creeper are very easy to fight, just kite.

Sprint hit, walk back (while facing the creeper), sprint hit, walk back, etc.

When you're level 15+ (spec or starter), creeper starting to be less of a problem since a direct hit won't kill you, and use projectile, it helps.

I am a lvl 13 pyromancer and I dislike creepers, but there is a simple answer, creepers only do 450 damage, enough to kill a low-level but not me, and I am a caster, spec, the lowest health, but after you beat the level ten milestone then you will find it much easier to deal with lone creepers (groups can still really hurt) but my nightmare is skellies, there arrows are incredibly accurate and in groups of 3+ then you will find it really tricky to take them out, in these scenarios I generally cover myself in cobble and then break the blocks and shoot fireballs at them, otherwise I die.

DaPGrey

Wood
I've dealt with creepers enough that my reaction speed when I hear that hiss is lightning fast. (lol) As soon as you hear that hiss behind you, there's no use trying to hit them away. All you need to do... is RUN. As long as you have space infront of you, if you immediately sprint forward, away from the creeper, it will explode without harming you at all. If you're quick enough you can even simply walk forward without sprinting (though not suggested)

As long as you're not on a cliff (with no lake at the bottom) or in a small cave/mine you should be able to run away fast enough, you just need to work on reaction speeds.

I hope this helps!