• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Creating Archer Tower For Towns

Ninjavlad62

Glowing Redstone
Creating (a)n archer tower requires 5 fence or 5 nether fence but, i have been trying to use jungle fence for the past hour. Apparently it only includes oak fence. I don't know if that's a bug,but it may be somthing to look into.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It's a bug. The 1.8 fences and doors don't seem to work as building requirements.

@Alator & @cindy_k
are handling townships, but I think they are both busy, not sure.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Currently, most of the new 1.8 blocks that are variants of existing 1.7 blocks (slabs, fences, doors, planks ect) haven't been updated to be within some region requirements. This will be updated soon hopefully. If you want to be able to get it to work, you'll have to use 'Oak fences' for now.

Note; there's a known bug currently that doesn't allow arrow turrets to damage players within PVE so if you are within PVE, I'd just not build the turret and save the souls until it's fixed.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
What I've heard so far:

New turrets in two northern towns - FerrumMous @Beau_Nearh and HiddenCaverns @devotedworker - "didn't work" - ie no damage, no animation, no sound effect - but arrows disappearing every 5 seconds or so.

Upgraded turrets in a defunct southern region town acted the same way - no damage, no animation, no sound effect, arrows disappearing.

Upgraded turret in the southern town of Mithrandil @Naxet91 - which was apparently working some weeks ago - is now acting similarly except that Naxet said he could see the arrow only if he was above the turret, and that the arrow headed toward him and then rebounded.

So what I'm wanting to know is this:
  • Are there any arrow turrets anywhere that behaving differently (or the same, for that matter) from what I've described above?
  • Are there turrets that were working at some stage in the past that are now bugged?
Cheers.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Seems like the arrow appears 1.5 blocks above the turret chest, so if u have something over the chest, it wont work. Maybe thats why only appears if im above the turret lvl, not hitting players, the exact same thing as ranger arrows if you are in no-pvp