• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Crafters - Balance Perfected

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Kain has said day in and out that crafters are not meant to pvp, crafters have complain day in and out that they cant due shit due to pvp'ers, how do you balance a crafting class amongst pvp classes?

Heres How.

You give them mobility but take away their defense and offense.

List of already in Skills to give crafters:
Safefall - Negate Fall damage - Can be used to help in crafting buildings, can be VERY useful to crafters
One - Speed increase - Give them the ability to run from their enemies
Port - (To Spawn Only) - Give them the ability to port away from their enemies
Dispel - Break CC and DoT's - Give the ability to break free from their enemies
Gills - Negate Drowning Damage - Can be used to help build underwater structures, can be VERY useful to crafters
Flameshield - Negate Fire and Lava Damage - Can be used to get that diamond all the way across the lava lake

List of Skills that could be codded:
Heard - Similar to Taunt but pulls agro from friendly mobs only
Track - Diffrent From the rangers track, this one would track all nearby friendly mobs
SuperPick - Ability to instant mine for a moment (around 5 to 10s)

More to Come =P

This will allow crafters to build better structures and give them a chance to get away from the main PvP classes

jwp<3

I like the idea of Safefall, Gills, and Flameshield, because it would help with construction, and would be fairly difficult to exploit in PvP. I don't think that One or Dispel are good ideas, because they would be abused by the talented crafting PvPers. ("Smiths are OP!" :p ) Would you be willing to have Superpick work on anything except obsidian? (and bedrock, but I think that goes without saying...)

...As annoying as it is, I don't see a way to make Crafter's "safe" from PvPers... I think it's just a permanent occupational hazard that we'll have to deal with. :(

Anonymiter

Soulsand
Crafters aren't a completely doomed class but it shouldn't be something you choose if you plan to go attacking someone. Most of the things you listed have very simple explanations such as rocket boots for speed, parachutes for slow falling, etc. But the really interesting part that might bring more balance to it would be to require regents or selected items to use the abilities. It would distinguish the abilities from spells in that it requires something crafted to work instead of magic.

Regardless, if crafters gain "avoidance" they'll need to lose defense at the same time. The part that scares me is the pattern of partial content changes that seem to take before they give. I don't want to spend 3 days to a week waiting for my naked, defenseless crafter to get a few broken abilities. :p

I think the game is built around being "realistic". I understand the rpg mod adds "fantasy" abilities to players fingertips but I think building hazards come with the territory. Don't fall when building high (be more careful, use shift around steep edges), building underwater is, again, a hazard that comes with the territory, add your own water if you're worried about dying (terraforming isn't hard). So I feel messing with the realistic building methods should be a no no.

As far as the self-defense utilities go I agree each class should have 2 abilities to escape battle. Each pertaining to the general type of crafter. Smiths for example are brutish people, I could imagine stoneskin for increased resistance to physical damage and snares/roots/poisons, and possibly another skill for increased health for a short amount of time. It would allow for reaction to a gank, whether it be fight or flight the smith would have a chance.

But the problem is, Kain said something to the effect of "crafters were never intended to PvP." With stone skin or health of speed, they could be abused by PvPing crafters...

What if using these abilities severely dropped our attack? That would make it so that they could ONLY be used for running away.

I honestly think it's blasphemy to believe that a class, no matter what the nature, should not have at least self defense skills. If crafters were never intended to pvp, then code them to cause no damage to other players and allow them invulnerability to player attacks. Otherwise there has to be some kind of defense method. A sword obviously won't do, lava's illegal, crafters die left and right, but at least with one or two self defense skills they'd have a runnings chance of getting away.

Jloy1

Legacy Supporter 7
Well, Smith aren't "OP'd" anymore, their best weapon is the Diamond Pick. XD

And I would like having the 'One' ability to run away. :p

Best weapon is a diamond pick. Yes. But we do wear 3/4 iron gear, 1/4 diamond, and wield a larger health pool than even some "pvp" classes.

R3xz

Glowstone
Seeing as crafters can craft diamond and gold weapon yet deal the least damage on them, they might as well not be able to deal any damage to players but still have a shitload of escape and safety abilities.

Mitchodak

Glowstone
As a crafter if im all geared up and get attacked by a lower lvl half geared Pvper i get killed 90% of the time then other 10% i recall. AS it is, is Frusterating to say the least
No Armor, no HP, No attack, Very Balanced!

Sarcasm will not land us any sort of sympathy Mitch. It's obvious we're underpowered to that of our pvp class counterparts. The only thing we can really use in our efforts to getting an escape/defense buff is presenting truth very bluntly. PVP will happen no matter the class, and not having defensive abilities is almost like ignoring that fact altogether and allowing over 1/2 the population to be walked over by the minorities.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Crafters are not combat classes - they are skilled in the ways of crafting. If you are unhappy with being a crafter, why not select a different path? ;)

Would we maybe allow them to find sheeps/cows more easily? Yes
Would we allow them to clear blocks more easily? yes
Tnt? Yes
Run speed buffs? no
health buffs? no
mitgation? no

R3xz

Glowstone
Crafters are not combat classes - they are skilled in the ways of crafting. If you are unhappy with being a crafter, why not select a different path? ;)

Tnt? Yes
Run speed buffs? no
health buffs? no
mitgation? no

I think we need to figure out if crafting outweights dying every time they encounter any of the 75% of the population that are not crafters lol. I'd be a crafter if it weren't for the fact that i'd be gimping myself in an open PvP world. Every new person that is choosing to play crafter now is pretty much signing hundreds of their own future death sentences lol.

Mitchodak

Glowstone

Tnt? Yes
Run speed buffs? no
health buffs? no
mitgation? no

whats this?

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6

Tnt? Yes
Run speed buffs? no
health buffs? no
mitgation? no

The last 3 types of skills can be left out, but you will have to admit that safefall could be very usefull to player who tend to build big buildings :rolleyes:

R3xz

Glowstone
The last 3 types of skills can be left out, but you will have to admit that safefall could be very usefull to player who tend to build big buildings :rolleyes:

Or gill for crafter who build underwater ;D

Or flameshield for those working with lava.

But meehhhh