• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Crafter spec skills

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
4 if the crafter specs (Smith, alchemist, miner and Merchant) jump from level 20-30 to level 55 with no skills inbetween. I managed to think of one for smith that should come at around 35.

New Smith Skill- Autorepair (Passive) - If you have the required items in your inventory then you instantly repair the item when it is about to break, this means that you can get every single use out of the equipment.

New Alchemist Skill-

New Miner Skill- Temporary fire resistance, (read more below in the comments)

New Merchant Skill- Chestshops get cheaper to make the more you level up, so by level 55 they only cost 10c to set up

Feel free to comment your ideas for new skills

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
How bout alchemists can turn any pot into any other type of pot at the cost of 1 netherwart.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
How bout alchemists can turn any pot into any other type of pot at the cost of 1 netherwart.
doesn't that defeat the point in brewing?

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I haven't slept in like 2 days so I'm not thinking too clearly. Which potions are so dirt cheap that it ruins brewing? I think it would be too weird to put together anyway, but it could help with the fact that only a few people have access to the less useful but still super rare potions (the ones that use magma creams and ghast tears). I can see it ruining a pathetically tiny market though.

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
I like the idea about auto-repair. It was part of the game last map, but since they made their own system it was taken out.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I think Miner's should get a 10-20 sec Fire immunity skill. How many times have u fallen into lava or had it flow all over u losing everything you mined for. with this skill miners could activate. swim/run outta the lava and live. Also it gives a slightly useful skill in pvp.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think Miner's should get a 10-20 sec Fire immunity skill. How many times have u fallen into lava or had it flow all over u losing everything you mined for. with this skill miners could activate. swim/run outta the lava and live. Also it gives a slightly useful skill in pvp.
Has been in before. This causes people to use lava buckets in PVP as a method to slow and damage their targets and they're stand in the lava wailing on the guy that's stuck.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Has been in before. This causes people to use lava buckets in PVP as a method to slow and damage their targets and they're stand in the lava wailing on the guy that's stuck.

so whats stopping people from doing this with fire-resist potions? (only 20c at north road pub)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
so whats stopping people from doing this with fire-resist potions? (only 20c at north road pub)
Nothing but one is free while the other isn't which is why people don't use it.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Honestly, considering the amount of Miners, and considering the effects of the skill- I think a temporary Miner Fire Resistance effect would be a pretty cool (and not all too imbalancing) skill.

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3

This could be easily countered by making the immunity cost mana or stamina.

There are two ways we could implement a skill like that. We could make it a toggle-able ability that would cost an obscene amount of mana - something in the neighborhood of 50-75 sounds about right - that grants either fire immunity or reduced damage. Alternatively, we could make it a passive ability that drains mana by 10 or something each time the fire damage ticks.

Personally, the latter sounds like a better idea. The ability is supposed to be a helpful preventative bonus. Requiring that Miners toggle it after they've already fallen into lava seems very counter-productive and useless.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
To make merchants more special:

Make by default that Merchant pays 50c for one chestshop at level 1 and that it decreases slowly as you level up (Maybe 15-20c chestshop at level 55) While all the other profession specs that can make chestshops (Smiths - Armor/tools/weapons, miner - ores, alchy - pots etc.) Needs to pay a lot more to create chestshops. Look at smith right now, they can create a bunch of useful and popular chestshops for the same price as merchants. This makes merchant a lot less special.

Let merchant shop cost decrease as you level and make profession chestshops more expensive (75c?)

Merchants can only create chestshops, while for example smith, can repair, deconstruct and make a bunch of chestshops.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
We're thinking about adding in NPC shops for merchants later but we're still looking into what we can do with it.