• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Cooldown Reduction

I think that there should be an attribute that makes ALL of your skills have a lower cooldown. Since it might be difficult to invent a new GUI for the attributes why not incorporate the cooldown reduction with charisma? I think this should be able to apply to warmups as well.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The problem with this is you force classes that would never use charisma to put points in, and then classes like bard get a HUGE bonus seeing as they use a lot of charisma.

Moralsk

Gold
@Moralsk want to explain you dislike?

I selected the disagree tag, not dislike.

If charisma was used then classes like Bard would be flat out stupid, and classes like Dreadknight wouldn't have any other benefit from it.

I don't agree with adding a new attribute. Not only would this create more pressure on the balance team, it would probably mean more coding than you think. Attributes (from what I can tell) are hard coded, and so Heroes itself would need changes made. Then there's the transition over from how cool-downs work now. You'd need to change skills configuration to not only read from the file, but then determine what the actual cooldown is. Then, it's possible some skills would need their cool downs changed to not get broken. Some skills currently have very short CD's, having this attribute could cause them to be far too spammable. Attributes per level may need changed, wiki would need changed. Adding a new attribute can imply a lot more work than you'd first think.

I selected the disagree tag, not dislike.

If charisma was used then classes like Bard would be flat out stupid, and classes like Dreadknight wouldn't have any other benefit from it.

I don't agree with adding a new attribute. Not only would this create more pressure on the balance team, it would probably mean more coding than you think. Attributes (from what I can tell) are hard coded, and so Heroes itself would need changes made. Then there's the transition over from how cool-downs work now. You'd need to change skills configuration to not only read from the file, but then determine what the actual cooldown is. Then, it's possible some skills would need their cool downs changed to not get broken. Some skills currently have very short CD's, having this attribute could cause them to be far too spammable. Attributes per level may need changed, wiki would need changed. Adding a new attribute can imply a lot more work than you'd first think.
:( so is it not worth it to have another attribute because it's too much work?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Not a good idea to introduce this variable into Herocraft balancing, we do not have the analytical tools to change the current method of balancing to include CDR.

PERHAPS when Swing Energy is fleshed out, CDR could enter the attribute system. Until then, the current balance model around HeroSkills known DPS/Utility and Vanilla damage will make it hard to change the cooldowns of skills regardless of the coding reality.