• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[CONTEST] Heroes Video - Free pie inside

RightLegRed

Stone
I was just kidding, there's no pie. Before we can release Heroes to the public, we need a kick-ass video showing off what it can do. After spending 3 months procrastinating and then 2 weeks frantically coding Heroes, we'd really like to kick this plugin into the top spot for RPG plugins. I, personally think a video would do this.

What we need shown off -
  • Skills
  • Classes
  • EXP (Crafting, Mining, Logging and Killing)
  • Parties (OK, not atm, they suck atm)
  • Probably more that I've forgotten

I expect lots of fades to black and pan shots. Also, I think the lighting should be of a acceptable standard (I got a D in media studies, can you tell? I know my way around a movie scene)

The prizes are yet to be announced by Kainzo, but I'm offering the first place winner a skill of their own choice. As in, you decide what I code for the next skill. Within reason of course, which means nothing out of the current style. I also cannot give my word it'll be used. This can be passed on to your friends (you can let your friend pick) and the winner also will receive (TO BE ANNOUNCED) from Kainzo. 2nd and 3rd place prizes will also be available.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
ive been getting scenes together, and already found the music i wanted, but im not going to be able to get all the scenes i want alone, another problem with my video might be that it may not have enough time to show xp gaining really, but the current forms of xp gain are a little boring atm anyway. It will have skills and classes, and a bunch of fades and pan shots, lol

edit: it also wont have crafters skills since those are also boring and will instead show structures

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
I WILL participate if I can get some friends to participate with me and can get access to my computer that use with fraps.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd like to participate on some level.

There was a program I read about a couple months back that's supposed to be better than fraps. It uses way less resource and provides smooth video. Any ideas on what that was? lol

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
Nope! I'm just used to fraps haha, and it works, so I haven't really looked into anything else.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
If you need to record something beast-mastery, let me know!

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
A test server giving players access to all skills should be put up ^^

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
Fail, didn't see that comment (I think that's the second time I've done something like that to you)

Alright awesome

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
I was working on one when something came up that haulted my work. But if anyone wants the intro i've already got rendered, I'd be glad to send it to them. Unless you're not doing 720p. Yes there's no sound yet, too much to worry about in real life to think about the sound. Sorry.

Get with me over pm's for the video file (200mb 720p 16xAA)

Edit: Forgot to add, needs some minor tweaking (Slow the end down to a slow stop and keep the logo there for 2-3 seconds, then fade into black/video)

RightLegRed

Stone
I was working on one when something came up that haulted my work. But if anyone wants the intro i've already got rendered, I'd be glad to send it to them. Unless you're not doing 720p. Yes there's no sound yet, too much to worry about in real life to think about the sound. Sorry.

Edit: Forgot to add, needs some minor tweaking (Slow the end down to a slow stop and keep the logo there for 2-3 seconds, then fade into black/video)

Damn, this looks good. Probably missing out on a really good end product ):

GraRona

Portal
I am currently working on a promotional film for the heroes plugin. Should be out in a week or two. It will showcase everything that you guys listed. If there is something that was missed that needs to be added just tell me.