• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

CONTEST: Herocraft Texturepack Voting! [POLL!]

Which should be the Official texturepack of Herocraft?

• Texture Pack One

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Texture Pack Two

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Failed to adhere Rules - redo your pack

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Texture Pack Four

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Texture Pack Five

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apherdite

Queen Bee
**Updated again, Notch changed the position of the Bed textures in 1.7, adjusted accordingly, and the download link now takes you to the download page properly**
**Updated my entry, added Herocraft Shield to most GUI windows (inventory, furnace, etc)**
Okay, here's my Entry to the contest, a 16x16 Final Fantasy texpack based on the SNES days.
Below are links to the direct download and the page I'm hosting it on with planetminecraft. Below that are the Screenshots and a video link.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DESCRIPTION
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-This texture pack was inspired by Final Fantasy games from the SNES era, mainly FFIV (II on the SNES) and Mystic Quest. I've been working on this for a while now, long before the contest was announced, and have decided to use this as my entry.
-It is tailored slightly for Herocraft as well, the Diamond Shovel is a Dragoon Lance, the Diamond Sword is a Dark Sword (looks like a Crystal Katana), the Bow is a War Bow, and things like that.
-The main reason I used Final Fantasy theme for my entry is because this server is heavily inspired by Final Fantasy in general, from the layout to the plugins to the Founder (Kain ftw). As such, I felt that a SNES era Final Fantasy texture pack was appropriate, and I have put alot of work into it.
-All of the armor types are the same design with different colors based on the material. I did this because most of the Classes in Heroes use pieces of different armor types so the armors need to look good when mixed.
-Creepers are Stone Creepers so they blend in better underground and provide a little more danger, Zombies are fallen heroes who came before you (Undead Dragoons), Skeletons are darkened and harder to see in the dark, adding more danger to the world, and Spiders are now Brown Recluse spiders. Slimes have been turned more brown in color as well, neutral mobs are relatively unchanged, there's no real need to change what isn't broken.

This texpak is up to date as of Beta 1.7, and I will continue to update and adjust things as needed, as I do for all my texture packs.

Download Link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/wip-final-fantasy-snes-wip/

Details Link (Vote it up if you like it please :D ):http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/wip-final-fantasy-snes-wip/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SCREENSHOTS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
20110625_003538_133333.png

20110625_003605_133334.png

20110625_003744_133337.png

20110625_003822_133338.png

Im done and i finished everything i made the diamond items fit the herocraft things like crystal katana, ax of doom etc.., it is medivalish themed and does not require mcpatcher unless for the custom lava and water (i suggest you do). Thanks for the support of people in game who gave me some ideas its completely updated to 1.7

ENTRY THREE IS DISQUALIFIED.

Thought I had plenty of time left... :(
Oh well, I guess I post what I have done so far:

My house in single player (less "blurry" then in the picture)
f8d371ccd9a811bcb46bfd207444848f.png

Random environment
53d2599b69fb1e97c64b1660d714c2f1.png

The ores
23865578ab5c4b8a5c517584edf4cc4d.png

That was pretty much it. Not that many changes from default, yet!
Promise that I'll finish it to 100% in the future.

Oh and here is the download for it: http://www.mediafire.com/?6t478dbooz185h0

//LuDDeDeKuDDe

My entry

SON OF A WHORE. I don't know why this messed up. The bottom link is the correct one.

Prizes:

1. 1500C + T4 donor status
  2. 1000C + T3 donor status
  3. 500C + T2 donor status

R3xz

Glowstone
Lol @ Maxxy stalking ironpass.

I thought that you had one of the best one too, i really like most of these. They're nicely done for amateur attempts.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Lol @ Maxxy stalking ironpass.

I thought that you had one of the best one too, i really like most of these. They're nicely done for amateur attempts.

If they win with someone else's textures and it's found out; I'm sure they'll be stripped of the donor status they've gained.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm just worried cause I look at Texture Pack 3 and it looks like some of the blocks are from painterly's (at least from like 1.2 days) But hey, if the admins know that this is completely legit then congrats. All 5 are great for amateur attempts.

Soundmaniac

Legacy Supporter 5
The third one isn't really fair, it uses a bunch of painterly sprites even though that's not allowed.
EDIT: I downloaded the pack, list of painterly sprites in it:
Dirt, Stone, Cobblestone, Stoneslab, Bricks, TNT, sapling, flowers, chests, frunace, jukebox, pumpkin, iron door, wooden door, redstone wire, ores, bed, repeater, leaves, logs, ladder. spawner, bookcase, iron/gold/diamond/lapis blocks, lever, torch, spawner, redstone torch, mushrooms, obsidian and probably more. This is literally an altered painterly pack, it even has the same background and water.. These are obviously stolen sprites..

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You must read the rules of the contest - if you are basing your texture pack off Painterly that is against the rules - it needs to be OFF the vanila.

Huffatron

Legacy Supporter 4
maybe we can get the people making the texture packs to change things like diamond shovels into spears axes into battle axes diamond sword into a katana and diamond hoe into a scythe???

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
First Place: #1
Second Place: #2
Third Place: #5

Get with me via PM and we will fix you texture pack creators up!
Prizes:
  1. 1500C + T4 donor status
  2. 1000C + T3 donor status
  3. 500C + T2 donor status

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Texture packs are not good if they are rushed, they must be themed, and they must be noised. Anyways, I would like to put my input on this, how about; you pick some players that have posted their texturepacks, and some others that are good with colors and templates, the people that make the signatures and banners would be good, and then break the team up, 1 person working on the gui, one working on the textures, one on the armor, and any other textures on the misc., what I'm advising as, if people have less to do, then they will try harder, if someone is to make the items first, and then the textures next, they won't put much thought into it, unless you are super into it, this happens to me when I make texture packs and its not good. If you break them up, and make sure everyone knows its themed, and allow them to work on individual projects, but also together.