• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Conquest: Feedback Thread

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here we go.

It takes 200 capture points to "capture" and 175 to "hold"

Rewards: Every 5 minutes that you control
1000 XP (split between party, 2+)
50 souls (split)
PVP Medal (1 per)
Spider spawn x1 (per party member)

-------------------
The goal is to stagger these Capture points to open up every 3-4 hours and stay up for 30minutes to an hour then close. I feel its best to announce where the position of the capture point is so players can get there to capture. Two will go at once so there isnt such a zerg force to dominate it.

Changes incoming:
- Less capturing from Roofs/hard to find places.
- More entrances/exists and "hidden" entrances
- Civilians that initiate combat do not give negative kills.
- Reduce the amount of time required to hold and capture.

Capture Times:
NW/SE = ENABLE - 30 min (DISABLE) == 0430
NE/SW = ENABLE - 30 min (DISABLE) == 0830
CENTRAL = ENABLE 30 min (DISABLE) == 1230
NW/NE = ENABLE - 30 min (DISABLE) == 1630
SW/SE = ENABLE - 30 min (DISABLE) == 2030
CENTRAL = ENABLE 30 min (DISABLE) == 0030

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Holidaze

Gold
Sounds like a very solid start. We'll see if the rewards are enough to keep people rushing them. XP doesn't really do too much for most of the big pvp groups since people are mastered, but still helpful to those groups who can get a point while the pvp groups aren't running. Ten souls every 5 per person seems fairly good, and the pvp mark is solid. Dunno how doable it is, but would be pretty damn neat if the winning group got some special passive for capturing it until the next one opened...like 50% xp or something of the sort. That's just a future idea though. If it stays how it was tonight, this could be the best thing for PvP ever created haha. Every point had a group of 5 at it with other groups coming in to fight, was extremely enjoyable.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
more entrances, small paths in for rogues to use their stealthiness, town pvp off
bout it for me

Alphesie

Legacy Supporter 6
From the start I noticed a town was holding the objective which didn't seem to make sense to me but when we had an even fight in another capture point and it was very fun. The rewards were moderate as well :D One suggestion is to make it so you cannot capture from the roof of the castles as some classes don't have the ability to get to those elevated areas.

Strikerdude

ICE ICE ICE!
Here we go.

It takes 200 capture points to "capture" and 175 to "hold"

Rewards: Every 5 minutes that you control
1000 XP (split between party, 2+)
50 souls (split)
PVP Medal (1 per)

-------------------
The goal is to stagger these Capture points to open up every 3-4 hours and stay up for 30minutes to an hour then close. I feel its best to announce where the position of the capture point is so players can get there to capture. Two will go at once so there isnt such a zerg force to dominate it.

What are your thoughts?
I think you should make it so you cant capture the point from the roof because otherwise people can just jump or backflip up and deny people caping it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think you should make it so you cant capture the point from the roof because otherwise people can just jump or backflip up and deny people caping it.
This is an easy change - @Xanipher and other [USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP] can make the points smaller (just 1-5 levels of region)

From the start I noticed a town was holding the objective which didn't seem to make sense to me but when we had an even fight in another capture point and it was very fun. The rewards were moderate as well :D One suggestion is to make it so you cannot capture from the roof of the castles as some classes don't have the ability to get to those elevated areas.
Thanks for the tip! We'll be fixing the capture area.
more entrances, small paths in for rogues to use their stealthiness, town pvp off
bout it for me
Increasing the entrances / sneaky ways in is a definite. Adding this to the list.
Sounds like a very solid start. We'll see if the rewards are enough to keep people rushing them. XP doesn't really do too much for most of the big pvp groups since people are mastered, but still helpful to those groups who can get a point while the pvp groups aren't running. Ten souls every 5 per person seems fairly good, and the pvp mark is solid. Dunno how doable it is, but would be pretty damn neat if the winning group got some special passive for capturing it until the next one opened...like 50% xp or something of the sort. That's just a future idea though. If it stays how it was tonight, this could be the best thing for PvP ever created haha. Every point had a group of 5 at it with other groups coming in to fight, was extremely enjoyable.
Thanks for the feedback!

alexhoff1

Gold
http://hc.to/newcurrency <<<< these medals will be turned in for PVP rewards (Sharpness / Protection Gear / Potions / etc)

Well then I would like to see the exchange ratios.

Right away I can tell you that the rewards aren't representative of the effort that people put forward, unless the ratios are low.

For example, 20 medals for a protection 3 diamond chestplate. That's 20 minutes (currently) of controlling a building, along with getting it to 200, assuming you both don't lose control, and have a party of 5. That seems a bit excessive to me, since protection 3 might or might not be that good (I don't know until it's in the game).

My suggestions (which might already be in the works):
1. Lower the time for reward ticks to 2.5 minutes. That's 200s and 5000exp more for 20 minutes of control, along with 20 more medals.
2. Lower the requirement to control it, or speed up the rate of acquiring 200. (both really have the same effect, no?)
3. New items as rewards potentially:
A. *I heard rumors of this* an ancient runestone which isn't lost on death.
B. An item that allows you to get instant 65 of another class, but has a high cost in medals
C. Small soul shard (the netherquartz) = 1 medal of pvp: For when you already have maxed gear from the trades.
D. Advanced crafting reagents
4. A conversion of 2:1 for each medal to another, and 10:1 for medal- token of favor. This makes it so every medal has a base value of 1/100 of a key at any time.

Thanks for reading :L

Ampayne2

Retired Staff
Just want to clarify how the capture point meters actually work-
The capture points have a "captured threshold" and a "max health", currently set at 175 and 200. If you have reached the captured threshold, it will be considered captured and you will start to get rewards. The health between the captured threshold and max health is kinda a buffer so that every time another party runs in you don't lose the capture point. If the meter hasn't reached the captured threshold and everyone in the party that was capturing it leaves the region, the meter is reset to 0.
The first part of calculating how much the meter should change every second starts with getting the capture rate of every party in the region.
For example:
Party 1 has 5 players, with 3 in the region. They have a capture rate of 0.6
Party 2 has 3 players, with 2 in the region. They have a capture rate of 0.66
Party 3 has 4 players, with 4 in the region. They have a capture rate of 1
The party with the highest capture rate (in this case party 3) gets their capture rate added to the meter. Notice that the capture rate isn't dependent on how many players are in the party, but how many players in the party are actually IN the region ;)
If there is more than one party with the highest capture rate, for example if party 2's 3rd player entered the region, the meter won't change.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well then I would like to see the exchange ratios.

Right away I can tell you that the rewards aren't representative of the effort that people put forward, unless the ratios are low.

For example, 20 medals for a protection 3 diamond chestplate. That's 20 minutes (currently) of controlling a building, along with getting it to 200, assuming you both don't lose control, and have a party of 5. That seems a bit excessive to me, since protection 3 might or might not be that good (I don't know until it's in the game).

My suggestions (which might already be in the works):
1. Lower the time for reward ticks to 2.5 minutes. That's 200s and 5000exp more for 20 minutes of control, along with 20 more medals.
2. Lower the requirement to control it, or speed up the rate of acquiring 200. (both really have the same effect, no?)
3. New items as rewards potentially:
A. *I heard rumors of this* an ancient runestone which isn't lost on death.
B. An item that allows you to get instant 65 of another class, but has a high cost in medals
C. Small soul shard (the netherquartz) = 1 medal of pvp: For when you already have maxed gear from the trades.
D. Advanced crafting reagents
4. A conversion of 2:1 for each medal to another, and 10:1 for medal- token of favor. This makes it so every medal has a base value of 1/100 of a key at any time.

Thanks for reading :L
PVP Medals come from Rivals slain clan vs clan - so Conquest is just another way to gather them, not counting looting off others or trading for them.

RagingDragon5

Portal
http://hc.to/newcurrency <<<< these medals will be turned in for PVP rewards (Sharpness / Protection Gear / Potions / etc)

I think the items that you can get should be something that is not already obtainable/ ordinary. Potions are something that are not hard to get. Unless it's planned to have special potions. I don't think protection gear should be given out at all, unless the mitigation of damage was fixed. Sharpness is okay, but not something that would be my first choice. Now I don't know the entire list but I'll list what I think that should be obtainable.
I think the items to be exchanged for is Titles, Unique weapons, Unique armor ( I really would like to see this added into the game.Also is adding custom enchants possible? Like leggings that gives a jump boost), Level 5 Relics, Monster Eggs, Dragon Eggs, etc.)

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I did not participate last night because I am lame n stuff, but i agree with raging that i would like to see more unique / difficult rewards from token vendor. Stuff like titles and unique looking armor / weapons (if possible) from very large token amounts would be very cool. Personally, i hate protection armor with a passion but once attribute armor is in that would be nice too.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
In my opinion:
-The rewards should be much bigger.
-The capture points should only be active a few times a week at designated times. (for example 8h in the weekend split in 4 sessions with the capture point taking about 30 min to capture after which it goes inactive until the next session and another 8h during the week split in 4 sessions)
- To give a chance to clans with fewer people, all the capture points should go on at once. (maybe add a few more maybe 9 instead of 5)
- I wouldn't recommend openings in the ceiling to avoid for example a wizard just spamming skills from the roof.
- If you want multiple smaller entrances you can give the capture point a ruins look. What I would prefer is some sort of ruins open arena with no roof at all.
- You could have interesting variations on the design of the capture points that would favor different party setups.
- Not sure about adding mob spawns to shake things up a bit.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
My initial reaction is that people not in clans who try to capture can attack clan members with no consequence. The clan members who have to defend themselves lose KDR by killing them. Killing a civilian should be changed from -0.33 to 0. The spawn central point is also a bad idea, because people who die can just run 100 blocks and attack again. There should be some way to prevent people rushing back from death.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
My initial reaction is that people not in clans who try to capture can attack clan members with no consequence. The clan members who have to defend themselves lose KDR by killing them. Killing a civilian should be changed from -0.33 to 0. The spawn central point is also a bad idea, because people who die can just run 100 blocks and attack again. There should be some way to prevent people rushing back from death.

Please change to 0, not worth going for capture points unless you can actually defend it.

EDIT: We had a group of civs actively harras us during capturing a point, they would shout saying "like your KDR" and other annoying statements. They would rush in to try and disrupt the point forcing us to kill them. Then they would come right back. Disrupting the capture with no kind of strategy other then bring down our KDR.

Last edited:

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Right now civilians 'abuse' the negative KDR you recieve for killing them.

Example 1: Civilian sits on the point in party with others while the enemy is attempting to capture the point. The civilian halts the process because he is still on the point. He is interfering but if they kill him they still get punished

Example 2: Civilian sits outside throwing fireballs (and other skills) into the area. The people capturing the point need to sit there and attempt to kill the person in more creative ways (fire, falldamage, etc).

Overall we get punished for killing civilians that need to be killed, there is not really a good way to 'avoid' these civilians

Holidaze

Gold
All I can ask is don't make this LESS frequent. Making conquest 1-2 times a week will make this incredibly frustrating to the active PvP groups. I don't know a clan that was participating last night that wasn't having fun and excited even with the small flaws conquest currently has. This is the new highlight of the server to me for sure.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Things I have to say(some already mentioned.)
  1. Graveyard Proximity - Should be further from graveyards to prevent the waves of attackers scenario. Can you somehow move the spawn graveyard automatically outside and to the opposite side of spawn when the point is active and have it automatically change back when it's done?
  2. Township benefits - Freepers were able to hold the point for a long period of time last night because they have 3(not sure exactly but close to or more) groups of town members who could not hurt each other, against 5 various 5 person groups who could not work together without killing each other. This made it effectively 15 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 so the 15 had barely any chance of losing. Turn off township protections inside of command points, or turn on clan alliance protections. EDIT OR the proper way to make this manageable simple and easy is to change the damn party limit back to 10. Tons of time is wasted trying to move multiple groups of 5 players around the map. The last map did not have problems with groups of 10, it had problems with small numbers of players. Right now, most medium clans have to break out into 2+ groups which is not adding fun into the game trying to make that work. IMHO of course.
  3. Rewards, if protection armor is in the reward table list it better cost 128++ per piece or after a month or two everyone will be wearing protection 3+ armor all over again and we will be right back to where we were. Players could get 100 medals an hour(including defensive kills) which would make protection relatively easy to get for the more powerful clans, making it even easier to dominate the playing field.
  4. My personal though on the timers would be random for all 5 capture points with a 20 minute warning ahead of opening. The points would randomly open from 2-4 hours and stay open for X minutes before their timer is randomly reset. This would stop players from camping and keep them on their toes, as well as sometimes creating 3 opportunities and sometimes only 1. The variance on timing and opportunity would be nice to see.
  5. If the capture points are easy to defend their rewards should suffer. A castle with one entrance and a moat is not the hardest thing to protect =P. I know more doors were added but just the same. How much home team advantage are we wanting to give to the controlling team?
  6. Definitely keep the locations and warning announcements to get players on the move and keep the pvp flowing.