• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Concerns about Soul Enlightenment

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
I think the idea sounds really cool and I'll defenitley be doing it but I have some worries.

I know this gonna be hard to master but people will eventually get it. I feel like these classes will make almost all classes except healer obsolete for pvp. It sounds fine for 1v1's and ganks, but it will destroy the variety of classes used in team fights (not that there are much of them) and tournament teams. It will just be teams of soul enlightened. I'm worried that if you don't play this class you are hamstringing yourself for pvp.

Many people complain about noobs getting killed and this will just further it. 200% exp gain sounds great from pvp if you have to work hard for it, but people won't. The people leveling their first classes will get mirdered. Also I feel like nobody will be safe. Some poor noob will just punch one of the soul enlightened at spawn without knowing the mechanics. Another foreseeable problem is them just going to places where people level and jumping in front of the people leveling to get hit. If your leveling with aoes you are pretty much guarnteed to put them into combat.

I feel like there should be like a bounty like system where the player has to choose if they want to be able hit a soul enlightened. Or just make them have a bounty for 0 souls that you can accept at any time.

Thanks for reading

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I think the idea sounds really cool and I'll defenitley be doing it but I have some worries.

I know this gonna be hard to master but people will eventually get it. I feel like these classes will make almost all classes except healer obsolete for pvp. It sounds fine for 1v1's and ganks, but it will destroy the variety of classes used in team fights (not that there are much of them) and tournament teams. It will just be teams of soul enlightened. I'm worried that if you don't play this class you are hamstringing yourself for pvp.

Many people complain about noobs getting killed and this will just further it. 200% exp gain sounds great from pvp if you have to work hard for it, but people won't. The people leveling their first classes will get mirdered. Also I feel like nobody will be safe. Some poor noob will just punch one of the soul enlightened at spawn without knowing the mechanics. Another foreseeable problem is them just going to places where people level and jumping in front of the people leveling to get hit. If your leveling with aoes you are pretty much guarnteed to put them into combat.

I feel like there should be like a bounty like system where the player has to choose if they want to be able hit a soul enlightened. Or just make them have a bounty for 0 souls that you can accept at any time.

Thanks for reading
Maybe not so much a bounty system but one where only those the soul enlightened person challenges can say "Yes I will fight you" or "No, not right now". This could be the ONLY way for a soul enlighted person to fight someone else.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah I agree, it is very overpowered right now and I feel like it will just encourage killing newbie players rather than those who could actually fight. Hopefully the @Balance Team can fix this for us

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
These classes will be 25-30% above a T2 Class. Will be heavily skill based and will be high risk vs reward. They will have no armor/weapon restrictions.
Dying will sting. Leveling will sting. It will have PVP-ON all the time (can get hit, cannot start fights).
This is the high end of Herocraft class mastery.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
My only oncern is that bard won't be one of my needed classes.

Anyway, let's wait a bit more too see what develops shall we? I'm sure steps will be taken to balance these.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
my concern is that i'll have to actually master a prof other than farmer :( rip

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
My concern is ill be unlucky and have to master every class before I get the right last one.

These classes will be 25-30% above a T2 Class. Will be heavily skill based and will be high risk vs reward. They will have no armor/weapon restrictions.
Dying will sting. Leveling will sting. It will have PVP-ON all the time (can get hit, cannot start fights).
This is the high end of Herocraft class mastery.

but its just so convenient, if they have freedom over the armour, its so obvious they are gonna pick diamond, its just a bit broken Kainzo, and btw, they should not be 25%-30% above t2 classes thats too much, why not make it 10%-20, tops, and like the people here said, whats the point of all the other classes when you can just be legendary class, would not that be a waste of your work?

I mean it appears as if they are so OP, its either one or the other, if they have armor of choice, then lower the percentage of the advantage, or lower their armour and leave the percentage like it is.

the reason for classes is to have some attributes and skills, not to have everything, thats why they are classes, one counters the other while the other is countered by another, thats how it should be Kainzo, all classes should have weaknesses, and strengths, not just strengths, thats what "Classes" are for, to counter the other, while being countered

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
but its just so convenient, if they have freedom over the armour, its so obvious they are gonna pick diamond, its just a bit broken Kainzo, and btw, they should not be 25%-30% above t2 classes thats too much, why not make it 10%-20, tops, and like the people here said, whats the point of all the other classes when you can just be legendary class, would not that be a waste of your work?

I mean it appears as if they are so OP, its either one or the other, if they have armor of choice, then lower the percentage of the advantage, or lower their armour and leave the percentage like it is.

the reason for classes is to have some attributes and skills, not to have everything, thats why they are classes, one counters the other while the other is countered by another, thats how it should be Kainzo, all classes should have weaknesses, and strengths, not just strengths, thats what "Classes" are for, to counter the other, while being countered
We'll be attempting the 15-20% amount at this point, tweaking and balancing is coming in.

Note that the weaknesses of these classes is magic damage. They have weakness, just not as widely seen or understood.

The system is fresh - it takes time. I'm all for suggestions and feedback, this is why we have the forums!

xMJay

Portal
people will see how broken these classes are when someone good gets their hands on it