• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Computer troubles

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Hello, for anyone good with computers, do you think you can help me out?

Running win8. Disk is usally spikes to 100% then goes back down. It repeats and makes games impossible toplay

I have a Hp Envy 17.3 if it matters

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Perhaps you have some background processes running that constantly do something. How frequently does this happen?
You can get Game Booster and it stops undeeded processes. Also Get Ccleaner as it will flush and delete files that use up memory.
Antiviruses usually cause slowness too, so don't turn it off, but prevent it from scanning and updating every 2 minutes. Finally, Defrag your system, and don't have any browsers or music running from external programs. Thats all I can help with atm since I'm away.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Yay Thanks. It's better now.

It doesn't spike to 100% and back to 0% anymore,but my disk is always at 0%. Is that good?

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Generally - If your minecraft runs without all the pesky fps spikes, and the disk spikes, yes that's good. :), 0%, not too sure, but hey, if it works, it works.