• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Computer Help

Which notebook should I choose?

• Dell Xps 15

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • HP Envy 15t

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
Hi there computer gurus of Herocraft.
I'm going off to college in 2 months, and I need a computer to do schoolwork, and game of course.
I think I've narrowed it down to two choices, unless you have other suggestions for me instead. But I need help choosing which one of the two.
I'll be using the computer to program, write papers, and play minecraft, guild wars 2, and other future games, so it has to be powerful enough to be lag-free.

Here is option 1: The dell xps 15. Dell just released the new version a few days ago, and I really like the way it looks (although, that shouldn't really matter to me at all).

EsTI

Option 2 is the HP Envy 15t. I like it's Beats audio, and the fact that it comes with Photoshop, which I like to fuck around on every once in a while.

EsUH

Both come to around $2350, which is just below my budget of $2500.
Any additional input or suggestions is welcomed and encouraged.
Thanks so much for your time!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
hmm
@Wowpatrick, the HP Envy is all around better, imo.

Better rated graphics at least and the larger L3 cache will probably do you good.

All in all, its what you want, the 3.1 ghz clock vs the graphics on the HP are comparable performance benefits.

The HP Envy gpu scores 1700, the Dell scores around 1100.

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
I would personally pick the HP Envy, not just cause of its specs, but i like the way it looks, and Beats Audio of course.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
A also wouldn't be basing the decision on that it gives free photoshop. I know you probably didn't, but many colleges give free software. I got photoshop and the new microsoft 2011 for my Mac all for free.

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
A also wouldn't be basing the decision on that it gives free photoshop. I know you probably didn't, but many colleges give free software. I got photoshop and the new microsoft 2011 for my Mac all for free.
I didn't base it off that at all. It was an added bonus. I ended up getting the hp envy. I've tested the trackpad since ordering it @jaif14, which was probably a little risky but it's satisfactory. Gets here in 4 days. I'm excited. :p

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
I got an HP Pavilion dm4... I love it, but the trackpad took some time to get used to. I never really got used to it, so I moved on to another PC. I envy the Envy though
I wish all laptops came standard with the beautiful multi-touch macbook trackpads. I was playing with a close friends last night, and that trackpad has so many capabilities. It's amazing.

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
Ya the trackpad is nice, but the magic mouse... -no comment-
I can't figure out if you think the trackpad is great or terrible haha. I really want to invest in a gaming mouse one day though. Just can't afford it right now.

Only thing I like about them is their trackpad and innovative operating systems. I hate how they can hold you back in certain scenarios.

jaif14

Obsidian
Somewhere in the barren wastelands of Canada
I can't figure out if you think the trackpad is great or terrible haha. I really want to invest in a gaming mouse one day though. Just can't afford it right now.

Only thing I like about them is their trackpad and innovative operating systems. I hate how they can hold you back in certain scenarios.
Ya, I love the track pad. I typically use a Mac for all my work. It's required for some stuff.