• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Combat Loggers Beware...

Status
Not open for further replies.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Anyone who knows me will realize how much I rage when someone combat logs on me. The most recent one being in a league of it's own.

I saw @Leo2596 in a swamp and engaged in combat with him. The entire time he made it his life goal to run away from me. I was going at him pretty hard for awhile and thought to myself 'surely he has to be almost dead by now'. Using my Scan skill, it was revealed to me that he literally had 1HP left. All I needed to do was forcepull him, or flyingkick him... Something, anything, to do at least 1 HP of damage. I conveniently rubber banded on the spot and he was off to the races. Since I had chugged a Speed potion at some point, I was able to get close to him, until he, of course, logged off.

It's been 1 hour since he's been offline, which is a testament to how pathetic people really are. He obviously wants to play Herocraft, but he doesn't want to die, and will wait the necessary amount of time until he thinks it is safe to login again...

The purpose of this thread? I have a trick up my sleeve. I'm so sick of this bullshit that I will stoop as low as making a personal region on where you logged off and filling it with lava. No matter what, if you're going to log out on me, you're going to die when you log back in. I don't give a shit anymore, you will be punished one way or another.

Best 6 souls I ever spent. Get good.

2055c8g.jpg

jqgfpw.jpg

Food for thought: ELO and your credibility for being a 'good PVPer' all mean absolute shit if you're just going to log off/group teleport/superjump 100 blocks to safety when the going gets tough. Get good, or get out. Peace

----------------

Before anyone asks 'Are you mad, bro?' I'll answer it with 'Yes.' Thanks in advance.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
K, This topic needs to stay on topic of combat loggers. There are plans in the works to provide a /logoff that will either keep you for 10 seconds before booting you to Hub, OR if you log off before completing the 10 seconds, an NPC with all your items will spawn, and you may have the possibility of loosing said items.

Just a thought, combat logging is a pain to deal with. Let's not degrade to being children and calling each other noobs and such, k? I don't want to take any more action against any of you guys.

Zaihn

Legacy Supporter 5
That PR wouldn't be 100 blocks from a town would it? Just wondering.

Back to topic, if only we had something like this that creates "log-out npcs". Oh well.

Could you make the suggestion? From what I've seen the npc log out thing works pretty well.

Edit: Oh and I like the dedication STDs. Whatever it takes.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
@leftovers5 , You aren't wrong. There was at some point (in Dragon, somewhere from Feb to March) an NPC fail safe when logging off or combat logging. For whatever reason it was removed, don't ask me. I think I system like this would be beneficial to all the players who dislike people combat logging, as well as teach those who do combat log that its frowned upon by the community and illegal ( I think rules regarding this haven't changed xP )

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
For anyone that cares, someone put down a water bucket and changed the lava into cobblestone. Clearly a form of griefing. Leo was able to log in, died to a skeleton instantly, but all his items are safe (and not in lava).

I've tried to /pe the griefing but there are 10+ people camping it, preventing me from doing it. Pretty shitty that someone stooped as low as griefing my personal region and abuse game mechanics. Also, I'm 150 blocks away from Volantis, fully within my rights.

Cheaters are gunna cheat.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
For anyone that cares, someone put down a water bucket and changed the lava into cobblestone. Clearly a form of griefing. Leo was able to log in, died to a skeleton instantly, but all his items are safe (and not in lava).

I've tried to /pe the griefing but there are 10+ people camping it, preventing me from doing it. Pretty shitty that someone stooped as low as griefing my personal region and abuse game mechanics. Also, I'm 150 blocks away from Volantis, fully within my rights.

Cheaters are gunna cheat.

Maybe someone didn't realize a random lava pit was a region, no claim signs and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.