• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Colosseum

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Firstly, this isn't me asking for the old /col back. What I'm proposing is physical building (most likely spawn) where people can engage in fair combat without the loss of items. To prevent the case where people will avoid normal world pvp and just do this I suggest it have a decently high entrance fee with the winner taking the spoils. This could also lead to a betting system and a place to make functional player-run tournaments.

What do you guys think? Like/dislike? Suggestions for improvement? "I'm a idiot?"

Tell me below :p

Last edited:

spiralz

Obsidian
I really like the sound of this. It would be very cool for spectators to place bets on the two that are fighting. I think it would be fun to spectate and find out if some players are really as good as they say they are.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
out of curiosity, is /col removed intentionally and not coming back, or just low on the list of priorities to bring back?

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
so spawn pvp pits...
haven spawn is divided into 4 quadrants. what if the quadrant opposite the TD, the one with the ruins/incomplete buildings, was made into a pvp area? or would that be too big?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
so spawn pvp pits...
haven spawn is divided into 4 quadrants. what if the quadrant opposite the TD, the one with the ruins/incomplete buildings, was made into a pvp area? or would that be too big?
My idea is an actual arena (or group of arenas). I don't want pvp pits, because then you might as well pvp around a graveyard. The idea I'm imagining is a place where:
  • You don't lose items on death
  • Must have preset teams when you enter
With pvp pit there is nothing to stop a random person interrupting your fight.

0ysterb0y

Legacy Supporter 3
and when all this comes back what will happen to pvp outside of it? because thats how it was last map.
"come out and fight" "just duel me in the Colosseum" "you have 3 people and there is 1 of me come out" "no just /col duel _____"
^^^^^
this happens because there is a safe place to pvp with nothing to lose,
even now there is nothing to lose if all you do is wear a chest plate and a weapon.
and people still fight so there isnt a need for this.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
and when all this comes back what will happen to pvp outside of it? because thats how it was last map.
"come out and fight" "just duel me in the Colosseum" "you have 3 people and there is 1 of me come out" "no just /col duel _____"
^^^^^
this happens because there is a safe place to pvp with nothing to lose,
even now there is nothing to lose if all you do is wear a chest plate and a weapon.
and people still fight so there isnt a need for this.
Firstly, whats with the random symbols?

If you read my post, you would notice that my idea consists of staking money.
Your example of only having armor and a weapon isn't valid, because many (mostly magi) use regents. You also lose durability when you die and if someone wants to test out their rare drop they're aren't going to duel with it.
I think that second sentence (Is that supposed to be a sentence :confused:?) is saying someone will just use the cmd when raiding a town, but, again, if you read it would be a physical building at spawn.

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Firstly, whats with the random symbols?
If you read my post, you would notice that my idea consists of staking money. Your example of only having armor and a weapon isn't valid, because many (mostly magi) use regents. You also lose durability when you die and if someone wants to test out their rare drop they're aren't going to duel with it.
I think that second sentence (Is that supposed to be a sentence :confused:?) is saying someone will just use the cmd when raiding a town, but, again, if you read it would be a physical building at spawn.

Yes the gambling aspect of this would be very fun imo, and personally i think col / arena stuff is better than most world pvp (which most frequently involves people hiding and shouting at each other and then running away). There is a place for both, but sometimes you just want a clear "these guys won, these guys lost" and world pvp almost never gives a satisfactory feeling of that to me. Having the money pot to win would just make it that much sweeter for the victors as well.

This coliseum format would also allow more of a compromise compared to the old arena system, as im assuming you could bring your own equipment, food, potions, whatever allowed in to the fight.

Last edited:

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
If this happens, and large amount of money is invested on both sides, there should be a staff on duty watching these games in watch of aimbotters and reachers, because it would really suck to put in 50 souls and have them lost to such things. If there is no staff watching these, people may just hack nd when they're accused in O chat, they'll just claim that the person accusing them is just bad at pvp and then gloat about how good they are.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Do people actually hack on here? (i mean outside of stuff like x-ray / illegal client mod type things). I guess they must, i mean some people hack in every game, but i have literally never lost a fight and felt "man that guy / gal was clearly hacking" on herocraft. And i have lost a lot of fights lol.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Do people actually hack on here? (i mean outside of stuff like x-ray / illegal client mod type things). I guess they must, i mean some people hack in every game, but i have literally never lost a fight and felt "man that guy / gal was clearly hacking" on herocraft. And i have lost a lot of fights lol.
it's never happened to you? you either are ranged and can just kite them, or just have fought good people. i fought a dragoon as a runeblade 6 levels higher, and i loaded up my sword with runes. during the fight i only landed about 2 hits, still having one rune left when i died due to him somehow having longer attack range and attack speed. I didnt make a big deal about it because the only thing of real value on me was a half broken diamond sword, which i easily replaced, but 50+ souls would be pretty bad...

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Dunno, i guess its possible. I am used to shooters where hacking is much more obvious, and / or people teleport / location hacking around. Dragoon has alot of abilities with long range for a melee, but if he was just left clicking dunno, I am not up & up on the minecraft hacking scene. Guess you can make a hack for just about anything if you really want though lol.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
it's never happened to you? you either are ranged and can just kite them, or just have fought good people. i fought a dragoon as a runeblade 6 levels higher, and i loaded up my sword with runes. during the fight i only landed about 2 hits, still having one rune left when i died due to him somehow having longer attack range and attack speed. I didnt make a big deal about it because the only thing of real value on me was a half broken diamond sword, which i easily replaced, but 50+ souls would be pretty bad...
One incident, where you don't have solid proof, isn't a valid argument. Even if their are cheaters (Which I doubt there are many if any) they dick people over whether it's in an arena or open-world.

Last edited:

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
IF you can stake items/money AND IF the "minimum bid" is fairly high, then I would be ok with /col duel. It should not be an inexpensive/free way to PvP in safety. Even then, I still don't like the idea.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
IF you can stake items/money AND IF the "minimum bid" is fairly high, then I would be ok with /col duel. It should not be an inexpensive/free way to PvP in safety. Even then, I still don't like the idea.
It's not my decision, but I'd like the minimum to be fairly high. I'd say that when someone challenges another they set a wager. The opponent then can match or raise the amount. Basically, I want it so that there isn't any "free money" and all money exchanged comes from the players.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
You should also be able to join the duel as a spectator.

@madpear : /col duel Jack_Reacher 200
Jack_Reacher: Fiend! Ye shall perish by my hoe of adamant!
Jack_reacher: /col duel madpear 300
^Raises it to 300s
madpear: Fool! More souls in my pocket!
madpear: /col accept
malikdanab: I must see with mine own eyes this clash of the titans.
madpear: Yes, bear witness as I strike down the haughty Jack_Reacher.
madpear: /col invite malikdanab
malikdanab: /col spectate

Spectators should be able to look down from a glass ceiling or something.