• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Collective Xp Boosts

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
Due to the expense of some of the boosts, (3x for 6 hrs specifically) perhaps there could be some way of making them slowly built up from donations. The build up should not be affected by backpack or other instant xp bonus purchases, only ones specifically trying to build towards the boost.

The collective boosts could be categorized into the 1hr-6hr range, each one separately building up. To make sure someone that made a sizable contribution doesn't miss the xp they paid for, they could be given a personal boost upon login if their contribution was 10% of the total or greater. The status could be kept on the shop website, and the extra contributions could be announced in-game.

I just thought it would be a cool idea. Although if this would be hard to implement I would understand.

Any thoughts?

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
Instead of having people putting money towards each boost (1hr,2hr etc) . We could have a donation pool where everyone donates a bit of money and at the end of each month depending on the amount of money there is, a boost is purchased. The boost can then be set off on a specific day each month (for example, last Saturday of each month) . Any excess money is rolled over and put into the donation pool for the next month.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Instead of having people putting money towards each boost (1hr,2hr etc) . We could have a donation pool where everyone donates a bit of money and at the end of each month depending on the amount of money there is, a boost is purchased. The boost can then be set off on a specific day each month (for example, last Saturday of each month) . Any excess money is rolled over and put into the donation pool for the next month.
The boost would have to be the entire day (0-24h) in that case, that way everyone can enjoy it.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't know if I read this right, would donating to the pool give the donator any benefits besides the boost?
If not I personally don't see many people donating to pool

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
The boost would have to be the entire day (0-24h) in that case, that way everyone can enjoy it.

I don't think it has to be the entire day, you get what you can from the money in the pool and there is a set time at which it will start and end. We can't be just making it the entire day because it's not fair a few people that put some money in will miss out.

@EtKEnn I have interpreted that you are saying it should be all day because people who donate will miss out. Please correct me if I am wrong.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't know if I read this right, would donating to the pool give the donator any benefits besides the boost?
If not I personally don't see many people donating to pool
You wouldn't be donating large amounts of money. It's more like a bit of spare change. $5 here $3 there, it all adds up.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
A problem with donating to a pool like that is how does the time/day of the boost get chosen. Say you donate and can't be on for the selected boost.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
A problem with donating to a pool like that is how does the time/day of the boost get chosen. Say you donate and can't be on for the selected boost.

Indeed. That's pretty much the main issue at hand, aside from "how".

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
How about each Saturday there is a exp boost the whole 24 hour period. The percentage depends on how much money was put in. So if there was none there would be no boost. An example would be that every dollar donation would raise it say 1 %. So every 100 dollars would raise it by 100 %. It would depend on how much given totally. Anyway great idea tjundis.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Due to the expense of some of the boosts, (3x for 6 hrs specifically) perhaps there could be some way of making them slowly built up from donations. The build up should not be affected by backpack or other instant xp bonus purchases, only ones specifically trying to build towards the boost.

The collective boosts could be categorized into the 1hr-6hr range, each one separately building up. To make sure someone that made a sizable contribution doesn't miss the xp they paid for, they could be given a personal boost upon login if their contribution was 10% of the total or greater. The status could be kept on the shop website, and the extra contributions could be announced in-game.

I just thought it would be a cool idea. Although if this would be hard to implement I would understand.

Any thoughts?
Yavool made this suggestion last night

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
Oh, sorry, I hadn't seen it.

Edit: Oh lol it was literally on the first page, sorry.

Last edited:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't think it has to be the entire day, you get what you can from the money in the pool and there is a set time at which it will start and end. We can't be just making it the entire day because it's not fair a few people that put some money in will miss out.

@EtKEnn I have interpreted that you are saying it should be all day because people who donate will miss out. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I said all day because then people who have contributed living in any timezone has the chance to experience it.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Donating the money shouldn't just be about the boost, it should also be about supporting the server.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Donating the money shouldn't just be about the boost, it should also be about supporting the server.
It would probably be how it is now. Store purchases don't go to the server only donating does. I can see this being a store purchase.

The reason for donating doesn't matter, it still helps the server. ;)