• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Cleric's and that Armor

yoIyo

Obsidian
Well, for starters.. all Healer Spec's have the ability to use leather armor, and a piece of chainmail, helm or boots. So why does the cleric spec get to use Full Chainmail and Iron chestplate? This allows them to take a beating while they can use one of the four healing abililties they own, not to mention that cute Invuln.. So i suggest if it would be possible to change the armor they can use?

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with this. Yesterday me and 3 others took down liqwids (maxed out cleric) pretty easily because we did have 4 people. But I can't imagine what it would be like to fight a cleric in a 1v1 or even a 2v1.

The_Player_189

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree with this. Yesterday me and 3 others took down liqwids (maxed out cleric) pretty easily because we did have 4 people. But I can't imagine what it would be like to fight a cleric in a 1v1 or even a 2v1.
Bash & Kick stops heals and the heals do have a pretty long casting time. Maybe reduce the armor down to full chainmail and take out the iron chestplate?

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Armour is one of the distinctive images of clerics in RPGs, and is probably the strongest perk being a cleric in Herocraft has. It's fine as it is - it has it's strengths and counters. Just because it's different to the other healer classes doesn't mean it needs to be changed. It would be like, taking replenish out of druid - there would no longer be that much reason to be druid, because like how cleric's unique strength is their armour, the druids unique strength is his mana.

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
So you take maybe a minute to kill them while they spam heals, but you left this out. How does the cleric win while spamming heals?

Hrm i agree with Glent in this debate. I may be new, but i do know a thing or 2 about this topic due to experiences with Everquest. The cleric albeit being one of the toughest cleric classes isnt built to outlast an enemy, but to bring them down quickly. Generally they have only one "nuke" spell, and have extemely long casts along with insane mana drain due to the instant heal. Its mostly a solo healer class in everquest that is similar to a paladin.

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
Hrm i agree with Glent in this debate. I may be new, but i do know a thing or 2 about this topic due to experiences with Everquest. The cleric albeit being one of the toughest cleric classes isnt built to outlast an enemy, but to bring them down quickly. Generally they have only one "nuke" spell, and have extemely long casts along with insane mana drain due to the instant heal. Its mostly a solo healer class in everquest that is similar to a paladin.
Its a bit different here, no nuke, no damage